To camp or not to camp

Home Forum topic Introduce Yourself To camp or not to camp

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    mgroadster
    Participant

Let me tell you that I am a
    Let me tell you that I am a complete muppet when it comes to practicle work…However, I penciled in the design(at the time I had a plain transit high top/LWB panel van). I then got some tools, bought the timber and other crucial bits from boot sales etc. etc.
    As I got more confident, I bought the bonded windows and fitted them myself + the roof vent etc.
    You can do it if you want, just take your time and NO don’t pay someone else to do it…You’ll end up potless. Go on give it a try, If I can do it….anyone can.

mgroadster
    Participant

Let me tell you that I am a complete muppet when it comes to practicle work…However, I penciled in the design(at the time I had a plain transit high top/LWB panel van). I then got some tools, bought the timber and other crucial bits from boot sales etc. etc.
    As I got more confident, I bought the bonded windows and fitted them myself + the roof vent etc.
    You can do it if you want, just take your time and NO don’t pay someone else to do it…You’ll end up potless. Go on give it a try, If I can do it….anyone can.

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

Darren
    Keymaster

Hey zoborg
    I’m an experienced

Hey zoborg

I’m an experienced campervan’er. I don’t have children or animals, but most of my childhood holidays were spent caravanning, and they were the best times I had.
    I’d highly recommend you get a campervan. They are a great way to holiday with your kids, but also, having a campervan makes any day out with kids a lot easier and more fun. Imagine having a car that allows you to sit around a table, make lunch, cook a hot dinner, make drinks, do the dishes, have a change of clothes, go to the toilet, carry bikes and other stuff. They’re great for a day out at the beach.

So we need to consider your situation.
    I now parking in Brighton can be a problem. How big a parking space do you have?
    I recommend people get the biggest van they can live with. But, parking spaces are a problem.
    Would you use the van everyday as a commuter van, or just occasionally for holidays?

mgroadster makes good points about building your own campervan. It’s a great way to get what you want, and at a cheaper price. But it takes a lot of time, and if you have kids then perhaps you dont have that time.

You can buy a good vehicle for your price.

Let us know about the size of vehicle you can live with, and we’ll recommend some vehicles for you.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hey zoborg
    I’m an experienced

Hey zoborg

I’m an experienced campervan’er. I don’t have children or animals, but most of my childhood holidays were spent caravanning, and they were the best times I had.
    I’d highly recommend you get a campervan. They are a great way to holiday with your kids, but also, having a campervan makes any day out with kids a lot easier and more fun. Imagine having a car that allows you to sit around a table, make lunch, cook a hot dinner, make drinks, do the dishes, have a change of clothes, go to the toilet, carry bikes and other stuff. They’re great for a day out at the beach.

I now parking in Brighton can be a problem. How big a parking space do you have?
    I recommend people get the biggest van they can live with. But, parking spaces are a problem.
    Would you use the van everyday as a commuter van, or just occasionally for holidays?

mgroadster makes good points about building your own campervan. It’s a great way to get what you want, and at a cheaper price. But it takes a lot of time, and if you have kids then perhaps you dont have that time.

Let us know about the size of vehicle you can live with, and we’ll recommend some vehicles for you.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hey zoborg
    I’m an experienced

Hey zoborg

Darren
    Keymaster

Hey zoborg
    I’m an experienced

Hey zoborg

Darren
    Keymaster

Hey zoborg
    I’m an experienced

Hey zoborg

Darren
    Keymaster

Hey zoborg
    I’m an experienced

Hey zoborg

zoborg
    Participant

Thanks Darren,
    I live in

Thanks Darren,

I live in Hove, have on street parking which is ample (loads of people have vans where I live so thats not a issue) – yes you are right about the time I think I would have to buy one or it would not happen. In terms of size, i’m open to suggestions – probably would not want something MASSIVE, enough to get the 4 of us plus dog so any recommendations would be awesome! I just don’t know where to start!

zoborg
    Participant

Thanks Darren,
    I live in

Thanks Darren,

I live in Hove, have on street parking which is ample (loads of people have vans where I live so thats not a issue) – yes you are right about the time I think I would have to buy one or it would not happen. In terms of size, i’m open to suggestions – probably would not want something MASSIVE, enough to get the 4 of us plus dog so any recommendations would be awesome! I just don’t know where to start!

zoborg
    Participant

Thanks Darren,
    I live in

Thanks Darren,

zoborg
    Participant

Thanks Darren,
    I live in

Thanks Darren,

zoborg
    Participant

Thanks Darren,
    I live in

Thanks Darren,

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.