The start of our vivaro conversion

Home Forum topic Show off your camper van The start of our vivaro conversion

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    woosman
    Participant

So it’s been a few weeks since I originally introduced myself to the site, but my van is now ready to be MOT’d this week (Xmas has delayed things a bit), hopefully it will go through and I can get started on some of the other parts and actually get it on the road.

But here’s a quick update on progress from start to where it is a now

New front end ( off of a donor vivaro)
    Front wings
    Interior changed (no pics yet)
    Upgraded bulbs
    Alloy Wheels put on
    Windows cut and fitted on both side loading doors (rear doors to be done soon)

Next plans – insulation and sound proofing, cut the bulkhead, wet vac and clean interior, rear door windrows, mop and polish exterior

Any comments please add

Darren
    Keymaster

Great repair, well
    Great repair, well done.
    Looking forward to your conversion pics.

Darren
    Keymaster

Great repair, well
    Great repair, well done.
    Looking forward to your conversion pics.

woosman
    Participant

Just a quick update. Van
    Just a quick update.

Van went through the MOT straight away, nothing needed doing, (good start). Van isn’t taxed at the minute so haven’t been able to go anywhere as of yet. I’ve made a start on cleaning it out, previous owner was an obvious smoker as the van smelt terrible throughout, so have wet vac’d the seats and headlining in the cab and have wiped everything down. I know it’s not the ideal weather to be wet vaccing but I couldn’t drive around in it like it was, a real stale ashtray smell!! Has come up well and smells a lot better, will do a more thorough job on it in the future.

I’ve also taken the plywood flooring out from the back of the van to start cleaning it up ready for sound proofing and insulation. This was also very dirty. Underneath the plywood (apart from all the dirt and crap) there seems to be a lot of oil, thick black all the way through. Not sure where it would of come from as log book states this was previously a SKY TV van, but it was lagged in the back. Day light was running out by the time I managed to get all the photos done but I will get some more as I tackle the oil spill clean tomorrow, (weather permitting)

Hopefully get it taxed soon so I can get the rear windows fitted in and get it laid out ready for the rear seats, I’m also going to be cutting the bulkhead in half as well as I want to open it up but still keep some of it in to protect front seats in case I ever have to move anything that could damage them. Gave it a very quick polish with some Meguiars quick mist, I really rate this stuff for those days when you don’t have enough time to do a complete job but still want a shine, (or whilst dodging showers) I would really recommend it, especially for doing vans as it’s so easy and quick, spray on, wipe in and then buff up, and it really beads the water up and lasts for ages. Actually does what it says on the tin/bottle. One bottle lasts for ages as it goes a long way,. http://www.meguiars.co.uk/product/218/Ultimate-Quik-Wax/

Anyways any comments would be great

woosman
    Participant

Just a quick update. Van
    Just a quick update.

Van went through the MOT straight away, nothing needed doing, (good start). Van isn’t taxed at the minute so haven’t been able to go anywhere as of yet. I’ve made a start on cleaning it out, previous owner was an obvious smoker as the van smelt terrible throughout, so have wet vac’d the seats and headlining in the cab and have wiped everything down. I know it’s not the ideal weather to be wet vaccing but I couldn’t drive around in it like it was, a real stale ashtray smell!! Has come up well and smells a lot better, will do a more thorough job on it in the future.

I’ve also taken the plywood flooring out from the back of the van to start cleaning it up ready for sound proofing and insulation. This was also very dirty. Underneath the plywood (apart from all the dirt and crap) there seems to be a lot of oil, thick black all the way through. Not sure where it would of come from as log book states this was previously a SKY TV van, but it was lagged in the back. Day light was running out by the time I managed to get all the photos done but I will get some more as I tackle the oil spill clean tomorrow, (weather permitting)

Hopefully get it taxed soon so I can get the rear windows fitted in and get it laid out ready for the rear seats, I’m also going to be cutting the bulkhead in half as well as I want to open it up but still keep some of it in to protect front seats in case I ever have to move anything that could damage them. Gave it a very quick polish with some Meguiars quick mist, I really rate this stuff for those days when you don’t have enough time to do a complete job but still want a shine, (or whilst dodging showers) I would really recommend it, especially for doing vans as it’s so easy and quick, spray on, wipe in and then buff up, and it really beads the water up and lasts for ages. Actually does what it says on the tin/bottle. One bottle lasts for ages as it goes a long way,. http://www.meguiars.co.uk/product/218/Ultimate-Quik-Wax/

Anyways any comments would be great

ianr
    Participant

Looking good mate. I
    Looking good mate. I converted my vivaro earlier this year and so far so good. Did all the usual things, insulation, carpet, leisure battery and inverter, microwave etc.
    I use large bottles of water too with no problems. Its just me in there though….lol I don’t mind roughing it a bit.

ianr
    Participant

Looking good mate. I
    Looking good mate. I converted my vivaro earlier this year and so far so good. Did all the usual things, insulation, carpet, leisure battery and inverter, microwave etc.
    I use large bottles of water too with no problems. Its just me in there though….lol I don’t mind roughing it a bit.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.