Talbot Express petrol smell,rear seats and power steering

Home Forum topic Vehicle maintenance, suggestions and ideas Talbot Express petrol smell,rear seats and power steering

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    chester1066
    Participant

Hi all,
    Last night I purchased a Talbot Express – I drove it home ( only a 15min drive) and when I parked up I noticed a really strong smell of petrol…mainly from the inside and front drivers side of the van. I drove off again for another 15mins, and same thing happened. Its a 1987 model, so has a manual choke.

I had a VW hightop some years back which did the same thing and found that the fuel lines needed to be changed…

Any ideas welcome? It drives nicely so far, no splutters, etc.

Thanks all!!

Oh a few more things – id like to add power steering as im a wee girl and its a big old lump to drive…is this possible? Also seat belts in the back? There are none..I guess because of the age?? although my vw 1981 had them in the back…how much to get them fitted?

Thank you so much 🙂

Emma

Darren

Hi Emma
    Hi Emma

It’s a good chance it’s the fuel lines. Only a mechanic can tell you for sure.
    Adding power steering is likely to be expensive. You’ll need to find a mechanic willing to do the job.
    Seat belts can almost always be added, but the cost will be down to the mechanic or engineer willing to do the job.

Darren

Hi Emma
    Hi Emma

It’s a good chance it’s the fuel lines. Only a mechanic can tell you for sure.
    Adding power steering is likely to be expensive. You’ll need to find a mechanic willing to do the job.
    Seat belts can almost always be added, but the cost will be down to the mechanic or engineer willing to do the job.

nomadrush
    Participant

hi emma
    hi emma
    re power steering, have a look here.
    http://www.easysteer.co.uk/
    i have done it on my renault traffic motorhome, makes a BIG difference.
    derek

nomadrush
    Participant

hi emma
    hi emma
    re power steering, have a look here.
    http://www.easysteer.co.uk/
    i have done it on my renault traffic motorhome, makes a BIG difference.
    derek

mgroadster
    Participant

A bit late I know, but yes,
    A bit late I know, but yes, you need to check fuel lines & unions.

mgroadster
    Participant

A bit late I know, but yes,
    A bit late I know, but yes, you need to check fuel lines & unions.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.