T25 Overheating

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    isaune
    Participant

Thanks
    Thanks Darren – have just tried club 8090 – thanks for the tip

Ian

isaune
    Participant

Thanks

Ian

isaune
    Participant

Thanks

Ian

isaune
    Participant

Thanks

Ian

isaune
    Participant

Thanks

Ian

isaune
    Participant

Thanks

Ian

isaune
    Participant

Thanks

Ian

mgroadster
    Participant

I would open and check all
    I would open and check all bleed valves to check that there isn’t an air lock. At the end of the day mechanicals are mechanicals no matter what vehicle.
    Do just check that there aren’t any traces of oil in the water and vice versa on the dipstick for signs of Head gasket wear.(The worst case scenario).
    OR just drain the complete system, flush out and re-fill/bleed with water & anti freeze.
    Why didn’t the previous owner have no anti freeze in it? maybe because he had a problem and just filled with fresh water?
    There again….could be so simple as a faulty temp sender switch.

mgroadster
    Participant

I would open and check all bleed valves to check that there isn’t an air lock. At the end of the day mechanicals are mechanicals no matter what vehicle.
    Do just check that there aren’t any traces of oil in the water and vice versa on the dipstick for signs of Head gasket wear.(The worst case scenario).
    OR just drain the complete system, flush out and re-fill/bleed with water & anti freeze.
    Why didn’t the previous owner have no anti freeze in it? maybe because he had a problem and just filled with fresh water?

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

lazarus
    Participant

could also be the
    could also be the thermostatic valve in the coolant system. if the van has been living in a hard water area and been running on regular tap water then you can get a build up of limescale on the valve that can either jam it open or closed. jammed open and it takes a long time to get up to temerature, jammed closed and it cant let the water out to cirulate round the radiator so it just gets hotter and hotter. temperature sensors tend to not read at all when they die (not always but more often than not), if they’re reading high then often you will see a reading right from the point you turn the ignition on before the engine warms up.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.