Suzuki Carry’s any good??

Home Forum topic Introduce Yourself Suzuki Carry’s any good??

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Roadfool
    Participant

Hi folks, I’m new!

My name is Steve, I’m single and getting itchy feet and I’m wanting to visit new places and see new things! Just got back from Le Mans which has inspired me to start looking at campervans 🙂

Now I only want something car-sized as I’ll be wanting to use the vehicle every day and parking needs to be easy. I’ve had 4 Suzuki’s in the past so I’m biased towards the Suzuki Carry, especially as it seems to be the perfect size too!

Do the 1.3 petrol engines struggle, or are they typically Japanese and quite pokey whilst being economical? Do they feel claustrophobic at all? What are they like for reliability? Anything I need to look out for? Any other similar options??

Thanks for reading!

Steve

Darren

Hi Steve
    Hi Steve

Great to hear you are inspired.
    I’ve not had a Suzuki, but one of the key ways of ensuring you engine stays pokey is to keep the weight down in the vehicle.

Darren

Hi Steve
    Hi Steve

Great to hear you are inspired.
    I’ve not had a Suzuki, but one of the key ways of ensuring you engine stays pokey is to keep the weight down in the vehicle.

Dizzy
    Participant

Hi Steve
    Newbie here as well cant comment on Suzuki….ive gone from converibles 4 years to a beetle custimzed for a few years but now my disabled young man has grown out that so we have now gone to a 2.0 petrol mercedes vito bright yellow to boot lol…welcome :o)

Dizzy
    Participant

Hi Steve
    Newbie here as well cant comment on Suzuki….ive gone from converibles 4 years to a beetle custimzed for a few years but now my disabled young man has grown out that so we have now gone to a 2.0 petrol mercedes vito bright yellow to boot lol…welcome :o)

hammy106
    Participant

suzuki carry
    Steve,

I owned a 1000cc Super Carry camper conversion complete with fridge & 2 ring gas cooker and although it did struggle on some steep hills my wife and I had graet fun touring Scotland, England & Wales in it. No mechanical problems.

The van was always a talking point when we arrived at camp sites – I am 6’2″ !! However once the seats were folded down I could sleep reasonably comfortably.

Height inside was the only issue but it had a pop top (bit of a hassle to put up) after 2 years we sold the van and bought a high top transit for this reason – I would recommend one for a good fun camper and every day transport

hammy106
    Participant

suzuki carry
    Steve,

I owned a 1000cc Super Carry camper conversion complete with fridge & 2 ring gas cooker and although it did struggle on some steep hills my wife and I had graet fun touring Scotland, England & Wales in it. No mechanical problems.

The van was always a talking point when we arrived at camp sites – I am 6’2″ !! However once the seats were folded down I could sleep reasonably comfortably.

Height inside was the only issue but it had a pop top (bit of a hassle to put up) after 2 years we sold the van and bought a high top transit for this reason – I would recommend one for a good fun camper and every day transport

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.