Storage needed near Dover

Home Forum topic General Chit Chat Storage needed near Dover

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    rottytara2004
    Participant

Hi All

Would any of my fellow campers know of any facilities or person with land where I could park my motorhome as close to Dover Ferry Port. We come over from Spain and France yearly (pounded for six months of the year) for her MOT in Dover. All being well she passes, otherwise we stay in hotels around Dover until fixed then we fly to our home in the UK for 3 weeks from Gatwick. At present we are stored in Guildford – not ideal as it is in the middle of nowhere. Trying to work out cheapest travel………..we have come up with – from Dover by train to Gatwick and back again is more cost effective. Our usual storage owner has retired hence Guildford. So, we will need to have an alternative in place for next year. Any info would be gladly appreciated.

Patricia

mgroadster
    Participant

Where is your home in the UK?
    Where is your home in the UK? as it sounds like one hellish cost of Hotels, flights, storage etc, when you could drive off the ferry, drive to your home and have it tested in your home town and stay at your house, then drive back to France/Spain?
    Don’t understand all this hotels, flights lark at all.

mgroadster
    Participant

Where is your home in the UK? as it sounds like one hellish cost of Hotels, flights, storage etc, when you could drive off the ferry, drive to your home and have it tested in your home town and stay at your house, then drive back to France/Spain?

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

rottytara2004
    Participant

Parking
    I have no facility to park the motorhome where we live. We live in a cul de sac which cannot get the size of our van (class 7) in the road. We have tried to source a secure place this is why we do this option.

rottytara2004
    Participant

Parking
    I have no facility to park the motorhome where we live. We live in a cul de sac which cannot get the size of our van (class 7) in the road. We have tried to source a secure place this is why we do this option.

rottytara2004
    Participant

Parking

rottytara2004
    Participant

Parking

mgroadster
    Participant

Ah, I see. So could you
    Ah, I see. So could you possibly find storage around your home town somewhere and still use the option as I suggested? Maybe a caravan storage facility would do the trick. Probably worth checking out to see if there are any near your home. Then maybe you could narrow the to and fro journey by a very short bus ride to your home without the hotels and flights.

mgroadster
    Participant

Ah, I see. So could you
    Ah, I see. So could you possibly find storage around your home town somewhere and still use the option as I suggested? Maybe a caravan storage facility would do the trick. Probably worth checking out to see if there are any near your home. Then maybe you could narrow the to and fro journey by a very short bus ride to your home without the hotels and flights.

mgroadster
    Participant

Ah, I see. So could you

mgroadster
    Participant

Ah, I see. So could you

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.