stealth on campsite

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions stealth on campsite

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    Eastwater
    Participant

Campsites and vans
    Hi there I have a ford transit I have had a blackout window put in in the side and skylight in the roof
    I have found campsites a problem as they allways try and charge y as a motor home making your pitch very expensive
    Some just say no

I now never use campsites as have found just parking up off road never a problem and it’s free
    I usually just find a quiet spot Or a business park and happy days .For the showers all the motorway service stations have them for free and all the sports centres have them and usually for a token amount let y use them . It’s great having a transit as no now knows what’s inside .
    I am in the process of having the hi viz shevrons put on to the back doors so then the van looks like its ment to be there as a maintance van
    Wherever you decide you want to park up no one bothers you .

All the best eastwater

I

Eastwater
    Participant

Campsites and vans
    Hi there I have a ford transit I have had a blackout window put in in the side and skylight in the roof
    I have found campsites a problem as they allways try and charge y as a motor home making your pitch very expensive
    Some just say no

I now never use campsites as have found just parking up off road never a problem and it’s free
    I usually just find a quiet spot Or a business park and happy days .For the showers all the motorway service stations have them for free and all the sports centres have them and usually for a token amount let y use them . It’s great having a transit as no now knows what’s inside .
    I am in the process of having the hi viz shevrons put on to the back doors so then the van looks like its ment to be there as a maintance van
    Wherever you decide you want to park up no one bothers you .

All the best eastwater

I

high vis markings
    now theres a good idea. i wish i could do the same but the dragons painted on the sides of my bus and the row of festival lights are a bit of a giveaway!

Having said that ive only ever been moved on once and that was by the spanish police in Barcelona after parking up for the night in a residential area; we were desparate for somewhere else safe to stay after having been broken into.
    Mostly i’ll ask if its okay to park up and always get a good response from supermarkets pub car parks etc.

happy, stealthy camping

Suz

high vis markings
    now theres a good idea. i wish i could do the same but the dragons painted on the sides of my bus and the row of festival lights are a bit of a giveaway!

Having said that ive only ever been moved on once and that was by the spanish police in Barcelona after parking up for the night in a residential area; we were desparate for somewhere else safe to stay after having been broken into.
    Mostly i’ll ask if its okay to park up and always get a good response from supermarkets pub car parks etc.

happy, stealthy camping

Suz

high vis markings

happy, stealthy camping

Suz

high vis markings

happy, stealthy camping

Suz

high vis markings

happy, stealthy camping

Suz

high vis markings

happy, stealthy camping

Suz

high vis markings

happy, stealthy camping

Suz

high vis markings

happy, stealthy camping

Suz

high vis markings

happy, stealthy camping

Suz

high vis markings

happy, stealthy camping

Suz

high vis markings

happy, stealthy camping

Suz

high vis markings

happy, stealthy camping

Suz

high vis markings

happy, stealthy camping

Suz

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 118 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.