Stealth Fridge Venting

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Stealth Fridge Venting

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    KieranC
    Participant

Hi guys,

My dometic fridge freezer arrived recently and I’m wondering if there are any alternatives to venting the fridge on the side of the van to stay as low key as possible?

The guy I bought from said I could vent through the floor for the lower vent but Im not sure how I could avoid fitting the higher vent in the side.

Could I possibly pipe from the exhaust down and out through the floor?

Any other suggestions and advice would be great!

Thanks

Darren

Hi
    Hi

Although there are some options for venting, the most important thing is the exhaust gas.
    Assuming you will be running the fridge on gas, the exhaust MUST be vented properly to the outside wall of the van. Dangerous carbon monoxide will be coming out of the exhaust that can kill if not properly vented.

I have a compressor fridge, which technically doesn’t need venting, and after 4 years i am about to put a vent in as fridges simply dot work well without vents.

Even though you are after a stealth van, I would add the vents and spray them the same colour as the van. It is by far the best option in the long run, and without it the fridge wont work that well.

Darren

Hi
    Hi

Although there are some options for venting, the most important thing is the exhaust gas.
    Assuming you will be running the fridge on gas, the exhaust MUST be vented properly to the outside wall of the van. Dangerous carbon monoxide will be coming out of the exhaust that can kill if not properly vented.

I have a compressor fridge, which technically doesn’t need venting, and after 4 years i am about to put a vent in as fridges simply dot work well without vents.

Even though you are after a stealth van, I would add the vents and spray them the same colour as the van. It is by far the best option in the long run, and without it the fridge wont work that well.

KieranC
    Participant

Ok, thanks for that Darren, I
    Ok, thanks for that Darren, I will be running it on gas so I’ll do as you’ve said.

Just to check do you think I’d be ok to go with the lower vent in the floor? The model I have has a narrow base at the front of the fridge and then sort of angles upwards towards the back so I think there would be plenty of room to fit a substantial vent in the floor and would still have space for the air to circulate.

On that note what size vents would you recommend?

Thanks again Darren!

KieranC
    Participant

Ok, thanks for that Darren, I
    Ok, thanks for that Darren, I will be running it on gas so I’ll do as you’ve said.

Just to check do you think I’d be ok to go with the lower vent in the floor? The model I have has a narrow base at the front of the fridge and then sort of angles upwards towards the back so I think there would be plenty of room to fit a substantial vent in the floor and would still have space for the air to circulate.

On that note what size vents would you recommend?

Thanks again Darren!

Darren

Hi Kieran
    Hi Kieran

A floor vent could work. The wall vents are likely to work the best, but floor could be fine.
    Using the vents made for your fridge is a good ideas as the exhaust part is integrated, and easy to fit.
    Try searching on Google for vents for your make and model.

Darren

Hi Kieran
    Hi Kieran

A floor vent could work. The wall vents are likely to work the best, but floor could be fine.
    Using the vents made for your fridge is a good ideas as the exhaust part is integrated, and easy to fit.
    Try searching on Google for vents for your make and model.

KieranC
    Participant

Yeh I’m gna go with one floor
    Yeh I’m gna go with one floor vent one wall, I didn’t realise the vents had integrated exhaust sections when I bought the fridge so I turned the vents it came with down based on the size of them.. being huge! Probably 400x 200mm. I’ll have to look into it and try to find a smaller alternative.

Thanks for your help Darren, and btw the wiring is in the post so I’ll let you know if I manage to get it up and running 🙂

KieranC
    Participant

Yeh I’m gna go with one floor
    Yeh I’m gna go with one floor vent one wall, I didn’t realise the vents had integrated exhaust sections when I bought the fridge so I turned the vents it came with down based on the size of them.. being huge! Probably 400x 200mm. I’ll have to look into it and try to find a smaller alternative.

Thanks for your help Darren, and btw the wiring is in the post so I’ll let you know if I manage to get it up and running 🙂

mufftydiver1960
    Participant

vent
    just a tip make sure your floor vent does not allow water (road spray ) or deep water into the van it would make a hell of a mess !

mufftydiver1960
    Participant

vent
    just a tip make sure your floor vent does not allow water (road spray ) or deep water into the van it would make a hell of a mess !

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.