Staying cool in the heat!

Home Forum topic General Chit Chat Staying cool in the heat!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    jonorangesky
    Participant

We’re off on a long road trip in the Summer (mid June to mid August) taking in Croatia and the islands, Italy and France. We’ve got a VW T4 Bilbo conversion and a khyam awning.

Anyone got any thoughts about how to stay cool at night for sleeping? (I thinking it could be pretty hot in Croatia and Italy in July). We’ll always try to park in the shade and sometimes sleep in the awning some nights.

We really don’t want to install air conditiong but if anyone has experience and hints and tips for staying cool (efficient fans they’ve tried, other ideas) I’d love to hear from you. We don’t always want to hook up as not doing so gives us more camping place options.
    Cheers
    Jon

mgroadster
    Participant

If the main body of the
    If the main body of the camper is open to the cab, you can get insulated reflector sheets taylored to the cab windows. These will go some way to keeping the heat out and combined with good insulation should achive a lower temp.

mgroadster
    Participant

If the main body of the
    If the main body of the camper is open to the cab, you can get insulated reflector sheets taylored to the cab windows. These will go some way to keeping the heat out and combined with good insulation should achive a lower temp.

mgroadster
    Participant

If the main body of the

mgroadster
    Participant

If the main body of the

Darren
    Keymaster

As mgroadster says, the
    As mgroadster says, the reflector screens are great for keeping the sun out during the day.
    If you are staying on campsites then keep the windows open, but put up insect screens to keep them out.
    if you have hookup then consider a small cooler. There are some good small ones available.

Darren
    Keymaster

As mgroadster says, the
    As mgroadster says, the reflector screens are great for keeping the sun out during the day.
    If you are staying on campsites then keep the windows open, but put up insect screens to keep them out.
    if you have hookup then consider a small cooler. There are some good small ones available.

Darren
    Keymaster

As mgroadster says, the

Darren
    Keymaster

As mgroadster says, the

jonorangesky
    Participant

Will certainly make a purchase!
    Yes, thanks mroadster and darren, I will most certainly get some reflector screens for sure before we head off. Anyone come across an efficient and effective 12V fan to get the air moving around on a still night? I can imagine a small cooler would work well, but in the main, we won’t be hooking up

jonorangesky
    Participant

Yes, thanks mroadster and darren, I will most certainly get some reflector screens for sure before we head off. Anyone come across an efficient and effective 12V fan to get the air moving around on a still night? I can imagine a small cooler would work well, but in the main, we won’t be hooking up

jonorangesky
    Participant

jonorangesky
    Participant

Darren
    Keymaster

I have one of the following
    I have one of the following fans fitted to the ceiling of my van. It’s a little noisier than I’d like, but pretty good
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12volt-6-All-metal-car-caravan-boat-motorhome-Fan-Motorama-Hull-/320899127325?pt=UK_Campervan_Caravan_Accessories&hash=item4ab714181d#ht_500wt_965

Darren
    Keymaster

I have one of the following
    I have one of the following fans fitted to the ceiling of my van. It’s a little noisier than I’d like, but pretty good
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12volt-6-All-metal-car-caravan-boat-motorhome-Fan-Motorama-Hull-/320899127325?pt=UK_Campervan_Caravan_Accessories&hash=item4ab714181d#ht_500wt_965

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.