Solo Traveler Seeking Campervan Advice

Home Forum topic Introduce Yourself Solo Traveler Seeking Campervan Advice

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ally11
    Participant

Hi All
    I am a 24 year old Australian female who plans to travel Australia by campervan in 2015. I have been looking at van sales for the past couple of months but I don’t have anyone close who can advise me what would be the most appropriate for me.
    I am looking at spending up to around $10,000 on a van. Give or take a couple thousand.
    The main concern for me is that the van is mechanically sound as I will be alone for majority of my journey and don’t want to break down in the middle of nowhere, also don’t want the van to cost me a fortune to repair if it does.
    Can someone please give me advice on what specific vans would be good for this type of journey?
    Would I be better off buying a van already fitted out or doing the conversion myself?
    Open to any advice or suggestions as I am fairly well clueless.
    Thanks in advance 🙂 Ally

Roger

Hello ally. Are you planning
    Hello ally. Are you planning on.getting a class b campervan or a work van and converting it. My weapon of choice is an 86 gmc campervan and i would highly recommend one. Mine is older i imagine you want something newer. With ten grand you shouldn’t have a problem. Rvtrader.com is a great source to shop around. One thing to keep in mind diesel engines are known for reliability yet cost more to maintain or fix. I suggest a low mileage gasoline engine. I hope this helps.

Roger

Hello ally. Are you planning
    Hello ally. Are you planning on.getting a class b campervan or a work van and converting it. My weapon of choice is an 86 gmc campervan and i would highly recommend one. Mine is older i imagine you want something newer. With ten grand you shouldn’t have a problem. Rvtrader.com is a great source to shop around. One thing to keep in mind diesel engines are known for reliability yet cost more to maintain or fix. I suggest a low mileage gasoline engine. I hope this helps.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.