Searching for a specific type of hinges

Home Forum topic Vehicle maintenance, suggestions and ideas Searching for a specific type of hinges

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    landkiter
    Participant

Hi everybody,

Inspired by the camping-box sold by the german manufacturer “Ququq” that you can discover here :
    http://www.ququq.info/fahrzeuge/2-citroen-berlingo-ii/
    I’m building a camping box sized to fit inside my 2009 peugeot Berlingo “XTR” version.

I had no trouble to find all the hardware required to build the box and it’s kitchen drawer but I don’t succeed to find any shop selling the hinges required to build the foldable bed.
    You can find the hinge’s photo in the attached files. (I found it in a webshop where it is impossible to buy less than hundreds of those hinges).

If you know where it is possible to buy such hinges, you’ll be my savior !

Thanks !

Philippe.

Donk’s Dad

Hinges
    The look similar to those used on some folding tables

I will look in my local timber yard, tomorrow. Hutchings of Deal http://hutchingstimber.com/ they seem to sell all types of hinges, and get back to you

If not i know there was a chain of shops called Hinge & Bracket (after an old vauldaville duo) they may be able to help

Donk’s Dad

Hinges
    The look similar to those used on some folding tables

I will look in my local timber yard, tomorrow. Hutchings of Deal http://hutchingstimber.com/ they seem to sell all types of hinges, and get back to you

If not i know there was a chain of shops called Hinge & Bracket (after an old vauldaville duo) they may be able to help

Donks Dad

Hinges
    Called in there today and they used to keep theses hinges and will restock them but they have only just placed an order in and it will be around six weekes before they put in another (with the hinges on)

They said they were 230mm long (but not sure if thats each arm !

Donks Dad

Hinges
    Called in there today and they used to keep theses hinges and will restock them but they have only just placed an order in and it will be around six weekes before they put in another (with the hinges on)

They said they were 230mm long (but not sure if thats each arm !

Fulltimer
    Participant

Re: Hinges…
    It seems to me that the hinge you are seeking could be easily made by combining 2 L brackets. One with the leg facing downwards, and one with the leg facing upwards, then simply add a nut and bolt where they overlap.

Good Luck!

Fulltimer
    Participant

Re: Hinges…
    It seems to me that the hinge you are seeking could be easily made by combining 2 L brackets. One with the leg facing downwards, and one with the leg facing upwards, then simply add a nut and bolt where they overlap.

Good Luck!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.