Screw holes in floor of van.

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Screw holes in floor of van.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Surfingroyal
    Participant

Guy who owned the van before me screwed the floor down left holes all over whats the best way to fix the holes.

xadmx
    Participant

best way is to weld them up,
    best way is to weld them up, but if you don’t have a welder paint them so they don’t rust and fill them with silicone or araldite.

xadmx
    Participant

best way is to weld them up,
    best way is to weld them up, but if you don’t have a welder paint them so they don’t rust and fill them with silicone or araldite.

Darren

Agreed. I painted the wholes
    Agreed. I painted the wholes in my floor, then filled with with gripfill.

Darren

Agreed. I painted the wholes
    Agreed. I painted the wholes in my floor, then filled with with gripfill.

carolynn
    Participant

Weld them
    Well looks like you already everything under control. Also, paint them to achieve the desired finish. Hope you have had help of a professional welder, because doing all this by own might not get the desired finishing. Good luck though and please update the new picture of the fixed holes.

carolynn
    Participant

Weld them
    Well looks like you already everything under control. Also, paint them to achieve the desired finish. Hope you have had help of a professional welder, because doing all this by own might not get the desired finishing. Good luck though and please update the new picture of the fixed holes.

LeeRevell
    Participant

Lacking welding skill, and if
    Lacking welding skill, and if you will put a layer of flooring down over it, you could epoxy low value coins or other small metal bits over the holes. Then paint it. The flooring will hide it, and no worries of rust or leakage.

LeeRevell
    Participant

Lacking welding skill, and if
    Lacking welding skill, and if you will put a layer of flooring down over it, you could epoxy low value coins or other small metal bits over the holes. Then paint it. The flooring will hide it, and no worries of rust or leakage.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.