Rock an roll bed issues!

Home Forum topic Vehicle maintenance, suggestions and ideas Rock an roll bed issues!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    helenelmer
    Participant

Hi all, I’ve just bought a VWT4 conversion with a rock and roll bed, but I’m struggling with the mechanism on the bed.
    The Youtube vid I watched made it look like a simple case of ‘pull up the handle and away you go’, but my bed is really heavy, and doesn’t seem to glide back and forward easily, or fold down in a smooth motion. We have suffered trapped fingers (accompanied by plenty of swearing!) and it took three of us to put the bed back up once we got it down.
    I’ve sprayed the floor tracks with WD40 to free it up backwards and forward to no avail. Am I pushing when I should be pulling???!! Help!!

stewart1979
    Participant

hi there some of the r n r
    hi there some of the r n r beds do slightly differ in the vw’s but the ones ive seen and mine move really easy mine you just slightly lift the bit you sit on then pull it out towards the front of the van and slides really easy im guessing if you’ve had that much trouble with it there could be a problem. might be worth getting someone to have a look at it

stewart1979
    Participant

hi there some of the r n r beds do slightly differ in the vw’s but the ones ive seen and mine move really easy mine you just slightly lift the bit you sit on then pull it out towards the front of the van and slides really easy im guessing if you’ve had that much trouble with it there could be a problem. might be worth getting someone to have a look at it

stewart1979
    Participant

stewart1979
    Participant

Radders
    Participant

Mattress toppers?
    Resurrecting this thread rather than starting a new one because I am wondering whether anyone else has had a way of making the rock and roll bed a bit more comfortable in a VW T5?

I thought about getting a mattress topper and cutting it to size, but I’m concerned about where to keep it when not in use. My other half has suggested putting it down between the back seat cushions. I wondered whether it could go in the roof but I’m not sure how much space there is between the top bed and the roof when it’s down and don’t want to strain the hydraulics or anything!

Has anyone else found a good solution to this problem?

Radders
    Participant

Mattress toppers?
    Resurrecting this thread rather than starting a new one because I am wondering whether anyone else has had a way of making the rock and roll bed a bit more comfortable in a VW T5?

I thought about getting a mattress topper and cutting it to size, but I’m concerned about where to keep it when not in use. My other half has suggested putting it down between the back seat cushions. I wondered whether it could go in the roof but I’m not sure how much space there is between the top bed and the roof when it’s down and don’t want to strain the hydraulics or anything!

Radders
    Participant

Mattress toppers?

Radders
    Participant

Mattress toppers?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.