Propex or Webasto fitting to vivaro

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Propex or Webasto fitting to vivaro

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    dunc78
    Participant

Hello, Im looking for some advice on heating my converted LWB Vauxhall Vivaro, I have a electric heater wired in under the passenger seat, which runs when im hooked up to 240v, all good there. But I go out with the van in winter a lot to do astronomy so need something that will operate with 12v off the leisure battery. The problem is placement im not sure where I can fit one? is there space under the drivers seat in a vivaro to fit one? as the way the vans set up there is nowhere obvious to put it otherwise? Also which draws less amps of the batt the propex or webasto?
    Any help welcome. Thanks.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi

Im not sure if there is space under the seat.
    Can you post a pic?
    Does it need to go there?

My Propex lives in the rear seats.

They both draw similar power, about 17W. They only draw power when heating, then they go to standby when the temperature is hot enough, and then draw less than 1W.
    These heaters heat a small space quickly.
    Once thing to consider is the placement of the exhaust from the heater, which typically goes directly out the floor of the vehicle, then you bend/direct the exhaust pipe to the edge of the vehicle.
    The Propex will need access to you existing gas supply, the Webasto access to your diesel tank.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.