Planning a trip to France and we’d like some advice!

Home Forum topic Camping Planning a trip to France and we’d like some advice!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    mistafeesh
    Participant

Hello people! We’re planning to hit France with our teenagers in a few weeks and we’d like some advice please!

Is there anywhere in Paris we can park up for free? We’re on a bit of a shoestring and campsites ain’t cheap! We’d be happy just to park up in a side street somewhere for a night or two.. We usually get away with it in the UK and I know the French are more camper friendly! I have a blue badge if that helps.

We also want to head down to the Med coast. We’ve got some places to stay on the way but is it true that you can just park up in laybys and no-one will get angry?

Gonna book into somewhere once we’re on the coast. Not quite sure exactly where yet though. Mostly going down through gorges and finding fun places to swim on the way!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
  1. thanks Darren. Good to hear
    thanks Darren. Good to hear it’s possible though I’m still not sure about this time of year. Unfortunately my legs are a bit crap so while the site you stayed looks tasty it might be a bit too much walking.

2. Hi
    I don’t know of anywhere

Hi

I don’t know of anywhere you can defiantely camp, but..
    I recent;y stayed at a campsite. Outside was a large car park with signs saying no parking of campers. But a few people were, and didn’t seem to have trouble.
    You could also park near the campsite on other roads.
    Metro is a 20 minute walks away
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=camping+ferme+paris&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=camping+ferme&hnear=0x47e66e1f06e2b70f:0x40b82c3688c9460,Paris,+France&cid=17678043131797716710

Some information here worth reading also
    http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/general-chat/13113-wild-camping-paris.html