Now have campervan and drill…

Home Forum topic Introduce Yourself Now have campervan and drill…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    conleyclan
    Participant

So where to start? My husband picked up our first camper van on the weekend. Now need to fix in some extra seats so we can all travel ( 5 children) looking at taking out the front passenger swivel captains seat and putting in a double passenger seat to give us 3 across front. Then prob a rear facing one behind that, if it will work! Still looking at flip up seats but the mini bus ones seem to have huge frames so not sure. Have seen quite a few t4 transporter double passenger seats on ebay, what’s anyones thoughts on those?

Darren
    Keymaster

Sounds like the right way to
    Sounds like the right way to go. You won’t have any trouble selling your swivel seat, as many people are doing the opposite from you. You might be able to swap the swivel for the double seat, although the swivel is worth more.

Yes, mini-bus seats are big. The flip up ones are smaller.

Darren
    Keymaster

Sounds like the right way to go. You won’t have any trouble selling your swivel seat, as many people are doing the opposite from you. You might be able to swap the swivel for the double seat, although the swivel is worth more.

Darren
    Keymaster

mgroadster
    Participant

I could be interested in the
    I could be interested in the swivel seat. I have a clean dual seat in my 06 transit and would consider a swap + I would place some cash to make it fair if the swivel will fit into my transit.

mgroadster
    Participant

I could be interested in the swivel seat. I have a clean dual seat in my 06 transit and would consider a swap + I would place some cash to make it fair if the swivel will fit into my transit.

mgroadster
    Participant

conleyclan
    Participant

Hi would be happy to do a
    Hi would be happy to do a swap, looking at your posts you are in Suffolk. We’re in Devon. Is that too far?

conleyclan
    Participant

Hi would be happy to do a swap, looking at your posts you are in Suffolk. We’re in Devon. Is that too far?

conleyclan
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

Oh dear, Yes, I’d have been
    Oh dear, Yes, I’d have been willing to do a deal but Devon is just one hell of a haul. Never mind, if you plonk it on the campervan section of http://www.fordtransit.org you will get someone who will do a deal with you.

mgroadster
    Participant

Oh dear, Yes, I’d have been willing to do a deal but Devon is just one hell of a haul. Never mind, if you plonk it on the campervan section of http://www.fordtransit.org you will get someone who will do a deal with you.

mgroadster
    Participant

conleyclan
    Participant

Oh well, never mind. Anyone
    Oh well, never mind. Anyone else on here after a swivel seat?
    We’re getting a quote tomo on having the double seat put in. Have found Phoenix Coachworks which is quite close to us. They convert transporters into campers so have lots of seats that they usually put on ebay. So will balance up the quote with doing ourselves. Kind of think I want to be on the safe side with seats, as the kids will be in them and just sort out other things myself.

conleyclan
    Participant

Oh well, never mind. Anyone
    Oh well, never mind. Anyone else on here after a swivel seat?
    We’re getting a quote tomo on having the double seat put in. Have found Phoenix Coachworks which is quite close to us. They convert transporters into campers so have lots of seats that they usually put on ebay. So will balance up the quote with doing ourselves. Kind of think I want to be on the safe side with seats, as the kids will be in them and just sort out other things myself.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.