new here

Home Forum topic Introduce Yourself new here

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Deb
    Participant

Hi,well i’ve got myself a nice transit van to convert,just need to convert it. I will need advice on the electrics, i need a nice easy way to see if i can manage to do it myself. I have done a very very basic conversion before on a little suzuki van but never had electrics in it. I already have r & r bed (not the way i wanted to go but thought it would be easier than making units myself) a sink and a cooker (from my old van) Also need advice on carpet lining,would foam backed or felt backed be better? At this point i should probably be posting on the relevant section for advice!

mgroadster
    Participant

Hi, Welcome.
    I’m doing my MK6

Hi, Welcome.
    I’m doing my MK6 LWB Transit high top too currently.
    I am very near the carpet lining stage and am going to use nice stretchy lining carpet off Ebay.
    By reading on this and the campervan section of the Ford Transit forum, I have learned that the proper stretchy lining carpet is the way to go, especially for those awkward corners etc.
    I’m running some 12v electrics off a leisure battery, which won’t be charged “en route” but charged on a site using a battery charger when we are hooked up to the mains. Good luck. Keep us informed. cheers.

mgroadster
    Participant

Hi, Welcome.
    I’m doing my MK6

Hi, Welcome.
    I am very near the carpet lining stage and am going to use nice stretchy lining carpet off Ebay.
    By reading on this and the campervan section of the Ford Transit forum, I have learned that the proper stretchy lining carpet is the way to go, especially for those awkward corners etc.
    I’m running some 12v electrics off a leisure battery, which won’t be charged “en route” but charged on a site using a battery charger when we are hooked up to the mains. Good luck. Keep us informed. cheers.

mgroadster
    Participant

Hi, Welcome.
    I’m doing my MK6

Hi, Welcome.

mgroadster
    Participant

Hi, Welcome.
    I’m doing my MK6

Hi, Welcome.

mgroadster
    Participant

Hi, Welcome.
    I’m doing my MK6

Hi, Welcome.

Deb
    Participant

I was looking at the thin
    I was looking at the thin stuff carpet shops sell but will look into the stretchy stuff on ebay instead,thanks. Any idea if camp sites let you use the hook up you can buy for tents in a van? I know it’s a silly question as all camp sites have different rules but i’m away in a couple of weeks and might not have time to sort proper hook up and thought the long extension lead with plugs and a proper hook up plug would get me by to charge phones etc.

Deb
    Participant

I was looking at the thin stuff carpet shops sell but will look into the stretchy stuff on ebay instead,thanks. Any idea if camp sites let you use the hook up you can buy for tents in a van? I know it’s a silly question as all camp sites have different rules but i’m away in a couple of weeks and might not have time to sort proper hook up and thought the long extension lead with plugs and a proper hook up plug would get me by to charge phones etc.

Deb
    Participant

Deb
    Participant

Deb
    Participant

Darren
    Keymaster

Thin stretchy carpet is
    Thin stretchy carpet is better to mould around the corners in the van. The cheap stuff from carpet shops, which is generally foamed back, is thicker and insulates better, but is hard to mould around the corners.

The easiest and cheapest way is to buy a tent hookup connector. Most campsites are fine with you using this.
    Electric are fairly straightforward. One just needs to understand the rules before starting.

Darren
    Keymaster

Thin stretchy carpet is
    Thin stretchy carpet is better to mould around the corners in the van. The cheap stuff from carpet shops, which is generally foamed back, is thicker and insulates better, but is hard to mould around the corners.

The easiest and cheapest way is to buy a tent hookup connector. Most campsites are fine with you using this.
    Electric are fairly straightforward. One just needs to understand the rules before starting.

Darren
    Keymaster

Thin stretchy carpet is

Darren
    Keymaster

Thin stretchy carpet is

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.