my nissan elgrand 3.2td camper conversion.

Home Forum topic Show off your camper van my nissan elgrand 3.2td camper conversion.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    bigboack
    Participant

here it is the “Beast”.

bigboack
    Participant

Well its nine months since i
    Well its nine months since i bought the beast for £2450.00. Now when i bought it I had it serviced at a cost of £192.00 which included all filters air and oil changed.Then in August Mot time hit me, guess what it failed, N/S rear brake binding, Off side rear brake binding(rear hand brake cables), osf ball joint osf front and rear tyres bald,rack boots split, nsr tie bar/rod play in pin bush. £650.00 Ouch. Anyway started to rip out the back seats as it was my intention from start to turn it into a two berth camper. September starter motor went £197.00 from Europarts, and £40.00 to have it fitted, Now was going for a professional conversion,£2500.00 + vat. No money left so set to building me own cupboards, Had a rock and roll bed made for £150.00, foam for seats/bed £70.00 professional covering of foam £100.00 inc material, Timber for cupboards/bed bases/floor has come in at about 300.00, Swapped passenger seat for the rear single swivel, Fitted a leisure battery £50.00 and splitchrger £20.00, Leds all round interior £15.00, pics on here, table leg £18.00, paint £25.00. My Time priceless!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway its more or less finished and I’m going away for a break in it. The good news is not had any engine problems since September. and I still love my Beast. All in all it was still cheaper than buying a vw camper or merc vito, just about to get it re-registered as a two seater camper for cheaper insurance. And i use it every day. lovin it lovin lovin it!!!!!!!!

bigboack
    Participant

Well its nine months since i bought the beast for £2450.00. Now when i bought it I had it serviced at a cost of £192.00 which included all filters air and oil changed.Then in August Mot time hit me, guess what it failed, N/S rear brake binding, Off side rear brake binding(rear hand brake cables), osf ball joint osf front and rear tyres bald,rack boots split, nsr tie bar/rod play in pin bush. £650.00 Ouch. Anyway started to rip out the back seats as it was my intention from start to turn it into a two berth camper. September starter motor went £197.00 from Europarts, and £40.00 to have it fitted, Now was going for a professional conversion,£2500.00 + vat. No money left so set to building me own cupboards, Had a rock and roll bed made for £150.00, foam for seats/bed £70.00 professional covering of foam £100.00 inc material, Timber for cupboards/bed bases/floor has come in at about 300.00, Swapped passenger seat for the rear single swivel, Fitted a leisure battery £50.00 and splitchrger £20.00, Leds all round interior £15.00, pics on here, table leg £18.00, paint £25.00. My Time priceless!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway its more or less finished and I’m going away for a break in it. The good news is not had any engine problems since September. and I still love my Beast. All in all it was still cheaper than buying a vw camper or merc vito, just about to get it re-registered as a two seater camper for cheaper insurance. And i use it every day. lovin it lovin lovin it!!!!!!!!

bigboack
    Participant

bigboack
    Participant

bigboack
    Participant

bigboack
    Participant

bigboack
    Participant

bigboack
    Participant

bigboack
    Participant

bigboack
    Participant

Missy is my dog/ co Pilot, she never tells me I’ve gone wrong.
    The van was an 8 seater mpv when i bought it, it has electric curtains,side and back, I fitted a front curtain just behind the passenger seat, It has twin sunroofs with blackout sliders, roof mounted DVD player, twin air con front and rear, 12v/240v coolbox, all lights are now leds, Fitted a 110a/hr leisure battery on a split charge system,a separate 12 volt switched panel from a boat with 12 volt cig socket and 3 individual fused switches.I go fishing a lot so have room behind the cupboards for a rod bag and folding chairs and tables,Done all the work meself over the last 9 months. Can’t wait to get away in it now.

bigboack
    Participant

The van was an 8 seater mpv when i bought it, it has electric curtains,side and back, I fitted a front curtain just behind the passenger seat, It has twin sunroofs with blackout sliders, roof mounted DVD player, twin air con front and rear, 12v/240v coolbox, all lights are now leds, Fitted a 110a/hr leisure battery on a split charge system,a separate 12 volt switched panel from a boat with 12 volt cig socket and 3 individual fused switches.I go fishing a lot so have room behind the cupboards for a rod bag and folding chairs and tables,Done all the work meself over the last 9 months. Can’t wait to get away in it now.

bigboack
    Participant

bigboack
    Participant

bigboack
    Participant

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.