MOVING AROUND EUROPE AND DVLA ISSUE

Home Forum topic General Chit Chat MOVING AROUND EUROPE AND DVLA ISSUE

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    stickyotria2002
    Participant

Returning within the year
    Hi thanks for your reply’s We are planning to go for as long as possible, perhaps even find employment for us to stay. So knowing whether we are going to return is unknown so I need to make sure I do it right thing first time. Can this bee done while I am away or does it need to be done before we go?
    When re-entering the uk and then leaving again within in the year, does that mean the year will start again when leaving again?

thanks Vicky

stickyotria2002
    Participant

Hi thanks for your reply’s We are planning to go for as long as possible, perhaps even find employment for us to stay. So knowing whether we are going to return is unknown so I need to make sure I do it right thing first time. Can this bee done while I am away or does it need to be done before we go?
    When re-entering the uk and then leaving again within in the year, does that mean the year will start again when leaving again?

thanks Vicky

stickyotria2002
    Participant

thanks Vicky

stickyotria2002
    Participant

thanks Vicky

stickyotria2002
    Participant

thanks Vicky

stickyotria2002
    Participant

thanks Vicky

stickyotria2002
    Participant

thanks Vicky

stickyotria2002
    Participant

thanks Vicky

stickyotria2002
    Participant

thanks Vicky

stickyotria2002
    Participant

thanks Vicky

stickyotria2002
    Participant

thanks Vicky

stickyotria2002
    Participant

thanks Vicky

stickyotria2002
    Participant

thanks Vicky

Darren
    Keymaster

You can export the vehicle
    You can export the vehicle whilst you are away. You V5 log book document has a section for exporting the vehicle.
    When the vehicle re-enters the UK the year starts again. You should get the vehicle MOT’d and taxed at that point.
    You could do this every year until you know if you are going to live in another country, at which point you can re-register the vehicle in that country.

Darren
    Keymaster

You can export the vehicle
    You can export the vehicle whilst you are away. You V5 log book document has a section for exporting the vehicle.
    When the vehicle re-enters the UK the year starts again. You should get the vehicle MOT’d and taxed at that point.
    You could do this every year until you know if you are going to live in another country, at which point you can re-register the vehicle in that country.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.