MOVING AROUND EUROPE AND DVLA ISSUE

Home Forum topic General Chit Chat MOVING AROUND EUROPE AND DVLA ISSUE

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    stickyotria2002
    Participant

Hi I am leaving for Portugal in a couple of months in my campervan, I will be travelling around europe after Jan 2012. If I am out of the UK for more than 12 months I have to by law, change registration of the vehicle. how does this work when I may not be staying in one europian country for more than a month. how long is it before I have to re enter the UK. I am a little confused on Import tax and if I would have to pay it or what number plate do I need to change it to, when I will be in different countries for the year.?? Please help. 🙂

mgroadster
    Participant

Firstly, I think you need to
    Firstly, I think you need to ensure that your Isurance covers you for European travel longer than a month or so.
    I can’t imagine why you would need to re-register your vehicle if you move from one country to the next.
    As there is no entry/exit visas needed from EU countries to reciprocating countries, there really is no record of if the vehicle has stayed continuously in 1 country or been goin in and out. Just ensure the vehicle is properly insured, taxed and tested inline with it’s country of origin, ie UK and there will be no hassle.

mgroadster
    Participant

Firstly, I think you need to ensure that your Isurance covers you for European travel longer than a month or so.
    I can’t imagine why you would need to re-register your vehicle if you move from one country to the next.
    As there is no entry/exit visas needed from EU countries to reciprocating countries, there really is no record of if the vehicle has stayed continuously in 1 country or been goin in and out. Just ensure the vehicle is properly insured, taxed and tested inline with it’s country of origin, ie UK and there will be no hassle.

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.