Moisture Barrier placement for floor that uses cork underlay and pergo/laminate flooring

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Moisture Barrier placement for floor that uses cork underlay and pergo/laminate flooring

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    SimpleAsCouldBe
    Participant

Hi all.

I’m doing the floor with a cork underlay that I hope will provide a small amount of insulation and soundproofing. On top of that will go a hardwood appearance pergo laminate flooring, should be nice and easy to sweep clean.

I already have the cork cut and laid down, but not glued or taped in place. It’s a very easy material to work with.

My question is about the moisture barrier. Should it go between the cork and the van so that road moisture is kept away from the cork, or between the wood and the cork so that interior moisture is kept away from the cork?

Thanks,
    Eric

Darren
    Keymaster

Cork sounds like a good
    Cork sounds like a good choice.
    I would say between the van and the cork, to keep the moisture away from the metal of the van. I don’t think the cork will rot in the lifetime of the van.

Darren
    Keymaster

Cork sounds like a good
    I would say between the van and the cork, to keep the moisture away from the metal of the van. I don’t think the cork will rot in the lifetime of the van.

Darren
    Keymaster

Cork sounds like a good

mgroadster
    Participant

Whatever you do, keep the
    Whatever you do, keep the moisure from harbouring on the metal floor as Darren says….

mgroadster
    Participant

Whatever you do, keep the moisure from harbouring on the metal floor as Darren says….

mgroadster
    Participant

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.