Mercedes Sprinter sliding door conversion

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Mercedes Sprinter sliding door conversion

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Reiner
    Participant

Hi there
    I am in the middle of converting a 2009 Sprinter and bought a fiberglass replacement for the sliding door. It lets me fit a single swing out caravan door which gives me more space inside for furniture.
    My problem is the central locking switch on the old sliding door tells the dashboard a door is open. Can anybody help me with the wiring problem I’m having? I’m sure there is a way to bridge some wires to make the computer think the door is locked.
    Cheers
    Reiner
    Brisbane/Australia

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Reiner
    I suspect the

Hi Reiner

I suspect the switch on the door frame is a push in/out one, probably a black plastic rod.
    If you push it in the dashboard light goes off?
    If so you can probably find just two wires on the switch. Chances are that if you join these wires together, with a connector block or similar the dashboard will think the door is closed. The switch probably just joins the wires together then the black rod is pushed in.

Haven’t got one here to try.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Reiner
    I suspect the

Hi Reiner

I suspect the switch on the door frame is a push in/out one, probably a black plastic rod.
    If so you can probably find just two wires on the switch. Chances are that if you join these wires together, with a connector block or similar the dashboard will think the door is closed. The switch probably just joins the wires together then the black rod is pushed in.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Reiner
    I suspect the

Hi Reiner

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Reiner
    I suspect the

Hi Reiner

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Reiner
    I suspect the

Hi Reiner

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Reiner
    I suspect the

Hi Reiner

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Reiner
    I suspect the

Hi Reiner

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Reiner
    I suspect the

Hi Reiner

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Reiner
    I suspect the

Hi Reiner

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Reiner
    I suspect the

Hi Reiner

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Reiner
    I suspect the

Hi Reiner

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.