MERCEDES SPRINTER CDI HIGH TOP CAMPER MOTORHOME EXTRAS

Home Forum topic Camper Vans For Sale MERCEDES SPRINTER CDI HIGH TOP CAMPER MOTORHOME EXTRAS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    latheroux
    Participant

Hello and welcome to the sale of my beloved Mercedes Sprinter Cdi mwb camper conversion. I am the third owner from new and owned this van for last 2 years.
    It was built by the previous owner to fulfil the dream of touring around Europe, I however have only used it for camping holidays & festivals in the UK.

Remote central locking with two sets of fobs and keys.
    MOT until 01.07.13, TAX until 31.03.13, cheap motorhome insurance. I have the V5 (REGISTERED AS A CAMPER) and last 9 MOT certificates to verify the mileage of only 132,000 miles at present. This is genuine very low mileage vehicle – it is good for another 200 000 miles +
    maintained regularly – the only work ever needed on the engine was sealing fuel injectors and changing oils and filters.

THE ENGINE:
    Mercedes Sprinter 2.2 cdi diesel
    The engine is very economical returning almost 40 mpg on a long motorway run and around 30 mpg around the town and at speeds over 85mph. It pulls like a train and never missed a beat. It is not the fastest thing in the world with the top speed of about 90 mph but it can cruise at 70mph all day long.
    It starts first time every time never failed to start.
    There are not any knocks or rattles or smoke

THE GEARBOX: 5 speed manual gearbox is precise with no problems of any kind. Clutch works well

THE BODY: medium wheel base extra high roof camper van in white. I was looking for high roof van for some months – they are not easy to get hold of as I am 6ft” and do not like to bow inside – I still have about a foot above my head!
    The interior is fully insulated with 4″ insulation, plylined and carpeted.
    The bottom of the car is solid and regularly treated with grease and protective paints

TYRES: are all good and strong commercial van grade and have at least 10 000 miles left in them. Evenly worn to about 80%

BRAKES: new pads all around 8000 miles ago. Discs are all good.

THE DASHBOARD: no broken or missing vents or covers and pieces of plastic. Heating actually works and fan blows in all 4 speeds. All controls work as they should

POWER: 2 solar panels on the roof giving 85 watts of power to 3 leisure batteries stored under passengers seats and to 1 standard battery. The power is controlled and distributed by solar charge controller so there is no overcharging or drawback. 3 heavy duty deep cycle leisure batteries have an output of 345 amps – enough power to run everything non stop. Batteries are also charged by the engine when on the move. Charging your laptop all day is not a problem. 3 cigarette sockets with on/off buttons
    There is also 230V hook up with 4 standard UK sockets

WATER: custom made hard plastic tank holds 40 gallons of fresh water. It is filled via Fiama water cap on the right side of the car. The water is distributed to the bathroom and kitchen by Reich submersible twin pump with an output of 19 litres per minute and heated by Paloma gas heater. So the shower is really like the one at home.

HEATING/COOLING: Eberspacher Airtronic D2 with temperature controller and very expensive diagnostics unit giving the fault codes (no faults) New gasket seal and ready to work fed from the main diesel tank. Can be also used for ventilation.
    Two skylights one of which has a fan with thermostatic control speed regulation and pull push function…
    Fume extractor from the bathroom is solar powered with an extra fan when having a shower at night and kitchen fume extractor above the stove.
    Blinds for the windscreen and side windows.
    Quote from the previous owner was “The van is comfortable in the Spanish summer as well as in the Austrian winter – seen both”. I say it is comfortable all year round in the UK.

KITCHEN: Stainless steel sink with a work top and retractable shower tap
    Campingaz cooker
    3 way Electrolux fridge with freezer compartment working on 230V, 12V and gas – all working

BATHROOM: Good size shower room with folding wash basin and shower hot or cold

SLEEPING/SITTING: King size double bed 200cm x 150cm with custom made memory foam mattresses and custom tailored washable covers folding to two seating areas with a table in the middle. I was never sleeping more comfortable.

STORAGE: There are overhead lockers all around giving you a massive storage capacity as well as an wardrobe and storage in the seating bases. It is more than you ever need – trust me on this, I lived in the van for 10 months….

LIGHTING: 6 spot lights exactly where you need them to be

GAS: Cylinder with 3 way propane/butane/calor gas regulator. Fridge, cooker and water heater can be switched on/off independently

TOW BAR: with single electric only used for mountain bikes carrier and never used for towing

SOUND: Panasonic CD/MP3/WMA Radio with USB port with very good and loud AIWA speakers and woofers

ACCESSIBILITY: It was built with a wheelchair user in mind – We took our disabled friend for holidays and he was happy. It is wide enough for the widest electric wheelchair to roll in at the back and come all the way to the side window by the sliding doors. You can also put inside one full size motorcycle or two dirt bikes or a smaller quad.
    Smoke detector, carbon monoxide detector and fire extinguisher on board

Heavy duty seat covers on drivers and passengers seats including memory foam topper on the 2 passengers seats.
    Centrifugal washing machine also included!
    Camp site 230V hookup lead UK and Europe included! Water fill up pipe included, few spares and some manuals as well as the owners guide included.

BAD BITS: This is not professional conversion, everything was done by previous owner in his spare time. I have revamped the interior, new wall carpet, new floor, painted doors & frames… looking slick. Please do not expect a professional finish – it is done to my high standard and made for comport and practicality. The fume extractor fan above the stove stopped working – needs repair or a new fan (costs £10)
    It is almost 12 years old, so please keep in mind it does not look like brand new. There are scratches, dings, and surface rust spots here and there you would expect with the car of this age.
    One of the glow plugs is gone – it does not affect winter starts at all. I bought a new one but never repaired it.

Pet free van in clean condition. You can just fill it up with diesel and water and go on the other side of the world.

You are very welcome to come and see. No time wasters please. I am genuine seller and want to deal with genuine buyers only. Thank you and happy bidding!
    Any questions please do not hesitate to ask!

mgroadster
    Participant

Great description, you forgot
    Great description, you forgot one major thing……..The price?? We all like to see prices!
    If you want serious buyers, they’ll need to know the ball pk figure. I know a friend who is looking around, but he won’t entertain non priced vehicles.

mgroadster
    Participant

Great description, you forgot one major thing……..The price?? We all like to see prices!
    If you want serious buyers, they’ll need to know the ball pk figure. I know a friend who is looking around, but he won’t entertain non priced vehicles.

mgroadster
    Participant

latheroux
    Participant

PRICE!!
    Hahaha… oops.

£6,000

I might add, the only reason I’m selling this beast is to purchase a house. I hate growing up.

latheroux
    Participant

PRICE!!
    Hahaha… oops.

£6,000

I might add, the only reason I’m selling this beast is to purchase a house. I hate growing up.

latheroux
    Participant

PRICE!!
    Hahaha… oops.

£6,000

mgroadster
    Participant

What part of the country are
    What part of the country are you?

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

latheroux
    Participant

2 Major things missed
    Van is located in Bristol, Russ 07877997850

latheroux
    Participant

2 Major things missed

latheroux
    Participant

2 Major things missed

Anonymous

any toilet
    does it have a toilet?

Anonymous

any toilet
    does it have a toilet?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.