Mercedes Sprinter Camper Van

Home Forum topic Show off your camper van Mercedes Sprinter Camper Van

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    philmoonraker
    Participant

inaugural trip
    Thanks for the comment and tips, Kris. I have a voltage sensitive relay to fit, just waiting to sort out swapping double passenger seat for single. Thinking better glue might be a good idea for the lining, but have a staple gun !
    Here’s a photo of inside the van on my first trip out in it (it was a bit cold, but I had hook-up and a heater). The inside is not finished, but I was itching to try it out, so went away for 2 nights. Useful to test out how things go and make a few changes here and there. I think my dog would have rather been at home or in the pub. Great van to drive, really good on fuel if you don’t rush along. Mine is a diesel, 2.2.

Next job is fitting a propex heater, the second-hand 2 ring stove + grill and more curtains.

How do folks do music in self-builds? I have an old car stereo with an input for mp3, so think about wiring this up as I like a bit of music (once I master mp3’s !).

Have fitted a carbon monoxide detector inside for safety. The galley worktops are from a school science lab, oroco wood, free and now varnished (had to promise to sand out “Mr B is a w*nker”, as part of the free deal !).

Will post more as things plod on.

Jarunas
    Participant

Our sprinter.
    Hi Philmoonraker,

Can’t wait to see what you’re going to make out of your Sprinter. I wasn’t brave enough to take something like that on, so just bought it. http://myfoododyssey.com/2013/03/20/our-new-home/

Jarunas
    Participant

Our sprinter.
    Hi Philmoonraker,

Can’t wait to see what you’re going to make out of your Sprinter. I wasn’t brave enough to take something like that on, so just bought it. http://myfoododyssey.com/2013/03/20/our-new-home/

Jarunas
    Participant

Our sprinter.
    Hi Philmoonraker,

philmoonraker
    Participant

Sprinter conversion
    Thanks for the positive comments everyone.

Jarunas, I checked out your link – looks very good, hope you have good times with yours.

Here are some more photos and an update. I have been busy !

Picture 1. Have fitted a propex heater under the seat base. Not too tricky so far.

Picture 2. I reused some drawers from my caravan and fitted them in the galley area. Bolted the stove to the work top as I don’t want it to move about.

Picture 3. Decided to fit a two way gas manifold so that I can turn off either the stove or gas heater, depending on which is being used. I fitted this near to the water carrier I am using to supply water to the sink. Fitted a Whale pump over sink. It’s nice and simple.

Picture 4. This is the nerve centre, with some switches to turn off and on in a masterly way ! The fuse box is a bit wonky, so I’ll need to level this. There’s a 12v socket and an air freshener.

Picture 5. My favourite modification. I have removed the double passenger seat (now on ebay, if anyone is interested). Now fitted a single swivel seat. The base was off ebay and is freshly sprayed to match, and the swivel seat was from a Citroen Synergie, £30 from a scrap yard. Needed some extra holes drilled in seat base, but otherwise not too tricky. I found a good tip on another sprinter conversion site about swivel seats. When I looked at the cost of just the swivel plate it seemed good sense to obtain a seat that already had this, and it’s a fraction of the cost. I think this is my favourite.

Have also fitted a split charge relay and battery, so now have a 12v supply. Have ordered some more sticky adhesive for lining out the roof and walls. Just need to safety test all the gas fittings and finish a few other bits, but now it’s getting closer to being more functional.

philmoonraker
    Participant

Sprinter conversion

Jarunas, I checked out your link – looks very good, hope you have good times with yours.

Picture 1. Have fitted a propex heater under the seat base. Not too tricky so far.

Picture 2. I reused some drawers from my caravan and fitted them in the galley area. Bolted the stove to the work top as I don’t want it to move about.

Picture 3. Decided to fit a two way gas manifold so that I can turn off either the stove or gas heater, depending on which is being used. I fitted this near to the water carrier I am using to supply water to the sink. Fitted a Whale pump over sink. It’s nice and simple.

Picture 4. This is the nerve centre, with some switches to turn off and on in a masterly way ! The fuse box is a bit wonky, so I’ll need to level this. There’s a 12v socket and an air freshener.

Picture 5. My favourite modification. I have removed the double passenger seat (now on ebay, if anyone is interested). Now fitted a single swivel seat. The base was off ebay and is freshly sprayed to match, and the swivel seat was from a Citroen Synergie, £30 from a scrap yard. Needed some extra holes drilled in seat base, but otherwise not too tricky. I found a good tip on another sprinter conversion site about swivel seats. When I looked at the cost of just the swivel plate it seemed good sense to obtain a seat that already had this, and it’s a fraction of the cost. I think this is my favourite.

Have also fitted a split charge relay and battery, so now have a 12v supply. Have ordered some more sticky adhesive for lining out the roof and walls. Just need to safety test all the gas fittings and finish a few other bits, but now it’s getting closer to being more functional.

philmoonraker
    Participant

Sprinter conversion

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.