Mercedes 410D LWB Hi-Top panel van – ready for conversion!

Home Forum topic Camper Vans For Sale Mercedes 410D LWB Hi-Top panel van – ready for conversion!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    ithody
    Participant

Hi,

I have a 1994 Mercedes 410D LWB Hi-Top panel van, with only 73K miles on the clock, for sale for someone interested in doing a camper conversion. Note, this is a BIG van with about 6′ 2″ headroom throughout. So perfect for a large scale conversion. The van has been unused for about 2 years but still starts first time, every time. It has a 2.9 litre diesel engine. It’s a bit scruffy with some surface rust, but still rock solid as you’d expect from a Merc.

It does not currently have an MOT or Tax, but would not take much to get it through an MOT test. Moving house, so it needs to go. Looking for sensible offers over £800. If interested give me a call on 07593 110925. The van is located in Biggleswade, Beds, SG18 8HD.

Cheers, Ian

mgroadster
    Participant

No good without a price?
    A sensible offer to a buyer may mean an insult to the seller. Any indications as to where the bargaining starts? This may attract more interested parties.
    If it doesn’t “need much” to get through an MOT, you would be best doing it yourself,get an MOT then you’ll def have interest at a much higher price.
    With the MOT and an afternoon giving it a good scrub, you may well have a very interesting proposition. A scruffy van with no MOT will only attract scrap value, as there are many many things involved in an MOT test that you don’t discover till the test itself.
    If you are positive about the ease of an MOT, I would capitalise no it.

mgroadster
    Participant

No good without a price?
    A sensible offer to a buyer may mean an insult to the seller. Any indications as to where the bargaining starts? This may attract more interested parties.
    If it doesn’t “need much” to get through an MOT, you would be best doing it yourself,get an MOT then you’ll def have interest at a much higher price.
    With the MOT and an afternoon giving it a good scrub, you may well have a very interesting proposition. A scruffy van with no MOT will only attract scrap value, as there are many many things involved in an MOT test that you don’t discover till the test itself.

mgroadster
    Participant

No good without a price?

ithody
    Participant

All good points. I appreciate
    All good points. I appreciate the comments.

Looking for offers over £800 and have updated my post accordingly. It’s still a lot of van for that money, even if it needs a scrub-up and MOT. I’m actually advertising the van for someone else who is not able to work on it. I can’t do the work to get it through it’s MOT as I don’t live close enough and don’t have the time anyway. But having looked over the van when taking the pics I don’t believe there will be too much to do except standard wear and tear items like bushes. With only 73K miles on the clock it’s barely run in for a Merc. But clearly that’s purely my opinion. Just thought I’d offer it to folks specifically interested in campervan conversions before listing on Ebay. Either way, someone will be getting a bargain.

ithody
    Participant

Looking for offers over £800 and have updated my post accordingly. It’s still a lot of van for that money, even if it needs a scrub-up and MOT. I’m actually advertising the van for someone else who is not able to work on it. I can’t do the work to get it through it’s MOT as I don’t live close enough and don’t have the time anyway. But having looked over the van when taking the pics I don’t believe there will be too much to do except standard wear and tear items like bushes. With only 73K miles on the clock it’s barely run in for a Merc. But clearly that’s purely my opinion. Just thought I’d offer it to folks specifically interested in campervan conversions before listing on Ebay. Either way, someone will be getting a bargain.

ithody
    Participant

tora

Is this van still available

tora

tora

eddy

mercedes 410
    is this van still forsale

eddy

mercedes 410

eddy

mercedes 410

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.