merc sprinter lwb hi roof

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions merc sprinter lwb hi roof

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    mgroadster
    Participant

I drive a MK6 Transit LWB
    I drive a MK6 Transit LWB High top. Theres just the two of us and plenty of room especially when we can put up the 6 berth driveaway awning. At least with high tops you can stand up in em without crawling about.
    If you build a system that has a quick bed to seat conversion, it really doesn’t take long. Yes I can understand wanting a permanent bed, but costs can far outweigh the practicalities.

mgroadster
    Participant

I drive a MK6 Transit LWB
    I drive a MK6 Transit LWB High top. Theres just the two of us and plenty of room especially when we can put up the 6 berth driveaway awning. At least with high tops you can stand up in em without crawling about.
    If you build a system that has a quick bed to seat conversion, it really doesn’t take long. Yes I can understand wanting a permanent bed, but costs can far outweigh the practicalities.

gaz2676
    Participant

totally see your points…. do you think it possible you can install a shower toilet at the back of the van on oneside leavin enoegh room to get my yam down the side and strapped in… thinking awning up when parked… bike stashed in there, like the idea of your 6 berth drive off awning… how muchish ball park did it cost you if you dont mind me asking an where did you get it,, im cheeky i know but if it works for you then heh lol and whats the pantomime of getting a home build insured god im dreading this bit

gaz2676
    Participant

totally see your points…. do you think it possible you can install a shower toilet at the back of the van on oneside leavin enoegh room to get my yam down the side and strapped in… thinking awning up when parked… bike stashed in there, like the idea of your 6 berth drive off awning… how muchish ball park did it cost you if you dont mind me asking an where did you get it,, im cheeky i know but if it works for you then heh lol and whats the pantomime of getting a home build insured god im dreading this bit

gaz2676
    Participant

gaz2676
    Participant

gaz2676
    Participant

to mgroadster
    am i right in saying the merc is bigger ??just we re tryin to figure out which van to buy like you say its all money you wont get back kinda want to get the choice right first time we want to keep it 10 years plus all being well main reason for big van bad backs bike an spaceon the plus side economy would be nice dont want much eh lol

gaz2676
    Participant

to mgroadster
    am i right in saying the merc is bigger ??just we re tryin to figure out which van to buy like you say its all money you wont get back kinda want to get the choice right first time we want to keep it 10 years plus all being well main reason for big van bad backs bike an spaceon the plus side economy would be nice dont want much eh lol

gaz2676
    Participant

to mgroadster

gaz2676
    Participant

to mgroadster

mgroadster
    Participant

My finding of the driveaway
    My finding of the driveaway awning is well documented on this site, but to put it into a nutshell, I found it randomly at a boot sale….nearly new, good quality 250 quid “just kampers” driveaway awning for……………………50quid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Forget showers in your van. Shower facilities at many sites are great and all the fannying involved installing one would be a waste. however, I did build a small cabinet holding a “thetford” porta potti for those little “Get caught short moments” in the night.
    Believe me, when I decided to convert my van instead of selling it, I hadn’t done anything like this ever before and although I’ll mess with mechanics all day happily, DIY is not my Forte. BUT driven by others, I did it, fitted my own roof vents & windows, built the kitchen units, the seating/bedding etc.Carpet lining…the lot.(except curtains and upholstery which my wife did). Go for it, you’ll get as much support off here as you need.

mgroadster
    Participant

My finding of the driveaway awning is well documented on this site, but to put it into a nutshell, I found it randomly at a boot sale….nearly new, good quality 250 quid “just kampers” driveaway awning for……………………50quid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Forget showers in your van. Shower facilities at many sites are great and all the fannying involved installing one would be a waste. however, I did build a small cabinet holding a “thetford” porta potti for those little “Get caught short moments” in the night.
    Believe me, when I decided to convert my van instead of selling it, I hadn’t done anything like this ever before and although I’ll mess with mechanics all day happily, DIY is not my Forte. BUT driven by others, I did it, fitted my own roof vents & windows, built the kitchen units, the seating/bedding etc.Carpet lining…the lot.(except curtains and upholstery which my wife did). Go for it, you’ll get as much support off here as you need.

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

I would put both Sprinter &
    I would put both Sprinter & Transit on an equal keel. The final decision is yours. Both vehicles have a good track record.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.