Mains lead extension cord

Home Forum topic Vehicle maintenance, suggestions and ideas Mains lead extension cord

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    kiwidave
    Participant

You mean the main orange one,
    You mean the main orange one, of if I used the cord in the photo??

kiwidave
    Participant

You mean the main orange one,
    You mean the main orange one, of if I used the cord in the photo??

mgroadster
    Participant

Either.
    2.5 is reccomended

Either.
    2.5 is reccomended for sockets and 1.5 is good for lighting curcuits.

mgroadster
    Participant

Either.
    2.5 is reccomended

Either.

mgroadster
    Participant

Either.
    2.5 is reccomended

Either.

mgroadster
    Participant

Either.
    2.5 is reccomended

Either.

kiwidave
    Participant

Thanks MG
    Can you take a look and give me you thoughts please??

The the blue, brown and yellow/green come directly from the external hookup plug, to the clear connectors, where it changes to red and black and runs directly to a power socket for domestic plug. Also from coming from the black/red side of the connector is a bare copper wire that runs into another connector, changing to a yellow green wire which is then fixed to the the wheel arch (internally) as an earth I assume.

The thing that worries me is the cut yellow/green that comes directly from teh power inlet. Does it need to be earthed?? It only runs a single power point.

thanks again
    Dave

kiwidave
    Participant

Thanks MG

The the blue, brown and yellow/green come directly from the external hookup plug, to the clear connectors, where it changes to red and black and runs directly to a power socket for domestic plug. Also from coming from the black/red side of the connector is a bare copper wire that runs into another connector, changing to a yellow green wire which is then fixed to the the wheel arch (internally) as an earth I assume.

The thing that worries me is the cut yellow/green that comes directly from teh power inlet. Does it need to be earthed?? It only runs a single power point.

thanks again
    Dave

kiwidave
    Participant

Thanks MG

thanks again
    Dave

kiwidave
    Participant

Thanks MG

thanks again
    Dave

mgroadster
    Participant

That looks outrageously
    That looks outrageously dangerous. The power from the hook up socket should be distributed by a small RCD protected consumer unit. ie a garage unit with a 16a MCB for sockets and 6a MCB for lighting.
    ie. 2.5 3core from hook up to consumer unit, then 2.5 3core from a 16a MCB to the socket.

mgroadster
    Participant

That looks outrageously
    That looks outrageously dangerous. The power from the hook up socket should be distributed by a small RCD protected consumer unit. ie a garage unit with a 16a MCB for sockets and 6a MCB for lighting.
    ie. 2.5 3core from hook up to consumer unit, then 2.5 3core from a 16a MCB to the socket.

mgroadster
    Participant

That looks outrageously

mgroadster
    Participant

That looks outrageously

kiwidave
    Participant

Thanks again MG
    I didn’t think it looked right!. I think I am off the local auto electricians!! This is a bit passed my knowledge of power etc, and I don’t want to be messing with mains power anytime.

I also want to check out the situation with the lighting, as the previous owner told me that the lights run on leisure battery only.

Once again, thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.