Mains lead extension cord

Home Forum topic Vehicle maintenance, suggestions and ideas Mains lead extension cord

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    kiwidave
    Participant

Afternoon all,

Being a true newbie, can anyone walk me through this picture below. Obviously it’s a cord for the mains hookup, but just wanted to be sure.

The plug at the top (blue)is 3 pin female plug (which goes into the socket on the side of the van) the white cord seems like pretty standard lead taped together at one end. Where it joins the blue/white adapter at the bottom of pic, you can unplug it and it has standard European household power point. Or as it is here, plugged in to a 3 pin male plug.

Does that allow you to connect to household mains power to the van?? And what is the 3 pin male plug for??

We also have a heavier duty orange cord, with 3 pin plugs on either end, I assume that is the main one to use when hooking up at camp sites??

Thanks

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    Yes it’s a mains

Hi

Yes it’s a mains hookup.
    The orange lead is the better lead to use on a campsite.
    The white lead setup is a bit odd, and made up of bits, but which aren’t necessarily the best ones.
    I am sure it works OK.
    You should be able to plug your vans hookup into a UK house using the white lead and adapters. And also into a UK campsite, and a European campsite.
    So you should be fine to go camping in the UK and abroad with this setup.
    Have you tried pugging it in to your home?

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    Yes it’s a mains

Hi

Yes it’s a mains hookup.
    The white lead setup is a bit odd, and made up of bits, but which aren’t necessarily the best ones.
    I am sure it works OK.
    You should be able to plug your vans hookup into a UK house using the white lead and adapters. And also into a UK campsite, and a European campsite.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    Yes it’s a mains

Hi

Yes it’s a mains hookup.
    I am sure it works OK.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi
    Yes it’s a mains

Hi

Yes it’s a mains hookup.
    I am sure it works OK.

mgroadster
    Participant

Just ensure the cable is
    Just ensure the cable is 2.5mm to carry the current.

mgroadster
    Participant

Just ensure the cable is

mgroadster
    Participant

Just ensure the cable is

mgroadster
    Participant

Just ensure the cable is

kiwidave
    Participant

Thanks Darren, I haven’t used
    Thanks Darren, I haven’t used the ‘domestic’ hookup yet, (The cord is a little short given that we live on the fifth floor!) and I suspect we will only be using the electricity in campsites, so the orange one looks like the one we’ll be using most.

cheers

kiwidave
    Participant

Thanks Darren, I haven’t used the ‘domestic’ hookup yet, (The cord is a little short given that we live on the fifth floor!) and I suspect we will only be using the electricity in campsites, so the orange one looks like the one we’ll be using most.

cheers

kiwidave
    Participant

cheers

kiwidave
    Participant

cheers

kiwidave
    Participant

You mean the main orange one,
    You mean the main orange one, of if I used the cord in the photo??

kiwidave
    Participant

You mean the main orange one,
    You mean the main orange one, of if I used the cord in the photo??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.