Looking for my first CamperVan…please help!

Home Forum topic Buying or selling a camper van Looking for my first CamperVan…please help!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    sophie_woo_woo
    Participant

Hello Guys,
    Well I’m completely new to Campervans and have been having a look round on ebay at second-hand ones. I’m looking, if possible, for some advice on which one’s are the best in views of reliablilty. I haven’t much to spend, my budget is approx £5000.
    I’ve seen the Talbots which look like they would be an option but again, I’m not sure on how reliabel they are at older ages which are in my price range.

Any advice is gratefully accepted as i’m a bit confused on what to look at further.

Thanks! 🙂

Sophie

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Sophie
    It’s hard to say

Hi Sophie

It’s hard to say which vans are more reliable. Germans vehicles such as VW and Mercedes tend to be reliable, as do Japanese vehicles like Toyota. Any vehicle can be reliable though.
    A vehicle that is well looked after, particularly with service history is what makes a vehicle reliable typically.
    I’m not sure about Talbot vehicles.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Sophie
    It’s hard to say

Hi Sophie

It’s hard to say which vans are more reliable. Germans vehicles such as VW and Mercedes tend to be reliable, as do Japanese vehicles like Toyota. Any vehicle can be reliable though.
    A vehicle that is well looked after, particularly with service history is what makes a vehicle reliable typically.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Sophie
    It’s hard to say

Hi Sophie

sophie_woo_woo
    Participant

Thanks Darren, I do like the
    Thanks Darren, I do like the VW;s but most seem to fall slightly outside my meagre price range! I havent looked at the Toyotas etc, thanks for the tip.
    Sophie

sophie_woo_woo
    Participant

Thanks Darren, I do like the VW;s but most seem to fall slightly outside my meagre price range! I havent looked at the Toyotas etc, thanks for the tip.
    Sophie

sophie_woo_woo
    Participant

Sophie

Nicky-nan
    Participant

re my first camper van
    Hi Sophie, I can definitely recommend Talbot campers. You get a very high level of specification on most of them, and for their size there is not much else with the same level of comfort. One of my vans is a Talbot Express Harmony. It has double glazing, a flushing loo, a shower, obviously sink, hob, fridge etc. Warm air heating, power steering, multiple sleeping/ sitting arrangements, and I could go on. I am 6’7″ and I can both stand up fully and sleep stretched out fully, which I cannot do in many!!!!
    The reliability is very good if serviced regularly.Fuel consumption is pretty good aswell, I have a 2.5 turbo diesel and can get apps 40mpg if I drive carefully on a run. 32ish if I don’t.
    The only real issue is rust. They are very prone around the front windscreen scuttle panel, and wheel arches and door bottoms can go. But as long as you get it looked at before you buy it, I think Talbots are a bargain!!
    NIK…..

Nicky-nan
    Participant

re my first camper van
    Hi Sophie, I can definitely recommend Talbot campers. You get a very high level of specification on most of them, and for their size there is not much else with the same level of comfort. One of my vans is a Talbot Express Harmony. It has double glazing, a flushing loo, a shower, obviously sink, hob, fridge etc. Warm air heating, power steering, multiple sleeping/ sitting arrangements, and I could go on. I am 6’7″ and I can both stand up fully and sleep stretched out fully, which I cannot do in many!!!!
    The reliability is very good if serviced regularly.Fuel consumption is pretty good aswell, I have a 2.5 turbo diesel and can get apps 40mpg if I drive carefully on a run. 32ish if I don’t.
    The only real issue is rust. They are very prone around the front windscreen scuttle panel, and wheel arches and door bottoms can go. But as long as you get it looked at before you buy it, I think Talbots are a bargain!!
    NIK…..

Nicky-nan
    Participant

re my first camper van
    NIK…..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.