Lone Travelling round europe

Home Forum topic Camping Lone Travelling round europe

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    JR
    Participant

Hiya

Forgive me if simialr post have already been posted but I just wanted to know if people thought I am crazy travelling round europe in my camper by myself.

My original plan was to leave next September But I have pretty much finished converting the van and have been looking at finances and figure I may as well leave sooner rather than later! in the next 4-6 weeks. I am 26 years old and don’t want to become a loner.

I am getting a pet passport for the dog so will have her for company/ security, but I was just wondering how easy other people have found it, and any recommendations you could make.

My plan is to head down to portugal first as I like surfing, although I am a bit rubbish at it! Does any one have some good ideas of where and how to go about meeting people.

Cheers
    Jen

Darren
    Keymaster

Jen
    Go for it. I have

Jen

Go for it. I have traveled a lot on my own, and loved it.
    Portugal, Spain and France have loads of great places to stop, for free, and camp and surf. Especially North Spain and Portugal.
    As you drive around you will meet loads of fellow travellers in vans, and loads of fellow surfers. Making friends is very easy indeed, and a lot of fun.

If you intend being in Europe during June, July and August, be warned it is busy, and the police generally do not like people living in vans. Outside of these months it is ok. In France they have Aires, which are free or cheapish camping zones.

Galicia in Spain is good in summer, as they welcome visitors, including free campers, as it is very quite up there. Lots of surfing options.
    For winter try Portugal, especially the Algrave. Waves get big though. So Andalucia in Spain is good then.

Let us know how you get along.

Darren
    Keymaster

Jen
    Go for it. I have

Jen

Portugal, Spain and France have loads of great places to stop, for free, and camp and surf. Especially North Spain and Portugal.
    As you drive around you will meet loads of fellow travellers in vans, and loads of fellow surfers. Making friends is very easy indeed, and a lot of fun.

If you intend being in Europe during June, July and August, be warned it is busy, and the police generally do not like people living in vans. Outside of these months it is ok. In France they have Aires, which are free or cheapish camping zones.

Galicia in Spain is good in summer, as they welcome visitors, including free campers, as it is very quite up there. Lots of surfing options.
    For winter try Portugal, especially the Algrave. Waves get big though. So Andalucia in Spain is good then.

Darren
    Keymaster

Jen
    Go for it. I have

Jen

Darren
    Keymaster

Jen
    Go for it. I have

Jen

Darren
    Keymaster

Jen
    Go for it. I have

Jen

Darren
    Keymaster

Jen
    Go for it. I have

Jen

Darren
    Keymaster

Jen
    Go for it. I have

Jen

Darren
    Keymaster

Jen
    Go for it. I have

Jen

Darren
    Keymaster

Jen
    Go for it. I have

Jen

Darren
    Keymaster

Jen
    Go for it. I have

Jen

monty

Jen,i am planning the same but am in the algarve at the moment getting my old range rover and caravan ready, and have made loads of friends already but be warned the weather here might be in the high teens and low 20s in the day, but its cold at night my intention is to make my way north as the weather improves. I have with the aid of google earth found loads of overnight stops,good luck on your travels might bump into you.

monty

Jen,i am planning the same but am in the algarve at the moment getting my old range rover and caravan ready, and have made loads of friends already but be warned the weather here might be in the high teens and low 20s in the day, but its cold at night my intention is to make my way north as the weather improves. I have with the aid of google earth found loads of overnight stops,good luck on your travels might bump into you.

monty

monty

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.