Leisure battery wiring questions.

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Leisure battery wiring questions.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mactheknife
    Participant

Hey all, i am in the process of ordering the kit for fitting my leisure battery and fuse box. I am not very electrically savvy so have been doing a lot of reading and i have a couple of questions.

1. What gauge wire do i need to like the fuse box to the leisure battery? All the fuseboxes i have found do not have the wire included.

2. attaching appliances to the fuse box. Now i am under the impression a circuit is required to supply power to an appliance. The fuse boxes i have looked at are the blade type which have only 1 connection. If the appliance has a neutral and live wire how would i connect these to the fuse box. Basics i know but bear with me 🙂

3. Can anyone recommend any websites for learning the basics of wiring, i really want to learn how to do this myself and learning the right way will set everything up right.

Thanks

Darren

Hi
    Hi

1. 10mm wire is good if you can get it. Finding connectors to fit over wire that big is sometimes a problem. 10mm or as big as you cab get is best.

2. Yes, you need a complete circuit. However, you only need a fuse on the positive. The negative (or neutral) can run from the appliance straight to the battery, or fusebox if it has a negative bar, or even the van chassis. The van chassis is connected to the battery negative, and you can use this to connect appliances negatives.

Darren

Hi
    Hi

1. 10mm wire is good if you can get it. Finding connectors to fit over wire that big is sometimes a problem. 10mm or as big as you cab get is best.

2. Yes, you need a complete circuit. However, you only need a fuse on the positive. The negative (or neutral) can run from the appliance straight to the battery, or fusebox if it has a negative bar, or even the van chassis. The van chassis is connected to the battery negative, and you can use this to connect appliances negatives.

mactheknife
    Participant

Brilliant, thanks Darren. I’m
    Brilliant, thanks Darren. I’m sure I will have more questions but that will keep me going for now.

mactheknife
    Participant

Brilliant, thanks Darren. I’m
    Brilliant, thanks Darren. I’m sure I will have more questions but that will keep me going for now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.