Leisure Batteries & Split Charge Kits?

Home Forum topic Vehicle maintenance, suggestions and ideas Leisure Batteries & Split Charge Kits?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Fraser Douglas
    Participant

Hey Guys, I’m new to the forum and just converting my Renault Trafic 2006 into a mini camper. I have installed a split charge kit and I’m almost finished with it all but was wondering if because my Split Charge Kit wire is 110Ah does this mean my battery can’t excide 110Ah?

Any help would be great thanks.

Darren

Hi
    Hi

You should be OK to run 2 or 3 110ah batteries from the split charge relay.

Darren

Hi
    Hi

You should be OK to run 2 or 3 110ah batteries from the split charge relay.

Anonymous

battery
    Hi everyone, im just converting my truck into a camper, i want to install 2 speakers, a sub woofer and an amp and im wondering how many hours loud music would last for if the engine is off?

thank you in advance for any guidance.

Anonymous

battery
    Hi everyone, im just converting my truck into a camper, i want to install 2 speakers, a sub woofer and an amp and im wondering how many hours loud music would last for if the engine is off?

thank you in advance for any guidance.

Fraser Douglas
    Participant

Cheers Darren, I have got my
    Cheers Darren, I have got my battery all ready and just hooked it up and nothing happened (electrically). I have not yet to connected the split charge kit to the main battery. Would that be the issue or is there somthing else a miss?

Fraser Douglas
    Participant

Cheers Darren, I have got my
    Cheers Darren, I have got my battery all ready and just hooked it up and nothing happened (electrically). I have not yet to connected the split charge kit to the main battery. Would that be the issue or is there somthing else a miss?

Darren

Hi Fraser
    Hi Fraser

Is the battery charged?
    What have you connected to it?

Darren

Hi Fraser
    Hi Fraser

Is the battery charged?
    What have you connected to it?

Darren

I would definitely recommend
    I would definitely recommend wiring all of your stereo equipment to a leisure battery, including the sub woofer, head unit and amp. Then you won’t flatten the engine battery.
    A sub woofer will drain the battery fairly quickly. But if you have a switch you can switch the sub woofer off to extend battery life.

Darren

I would definitely recommend
    I would definitely recommend wiring all of your stereo equipment to a leisure battery, including the sub woofer, head unit and amp. Then you won’t flatten the engine battery.
    A sub woofer will drain the battery fairly quickly. But if you have a switch you can switch the sub woofer off to extend battery life.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.