Leaky Camper Roof .. Help!

Home Forum topic Vehicle maintenance, suggestions and ideas Leaky Camper Roof .. Help!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    pfordham
    Participant

I have a 1989 Renault Trafic Holdsworth conversion Camper and in the last few weeks have very randomly started developing wet patches on the inner roof. I have had no problems with this before and the roof has not sustained any damage. The wet patches are appearing in more than one place, they are random and sometimes when dried do not return.

I have cleaned the roof to see if there are any clear cracks but none are visible. There are tiny tiny (end of a pin) sized holes over the roof which may be from the plastic ageing. Not sure … but it isn’t clear if these are superficial or not.

I have run some silicon around the seals of the small pop up section of the roof.

Does anyone have any experience of this happening?

Does anyone know of a whole roof sealant of sorts which can be sprayed on to cover the holes if they are the problem?

Any ideas? The roof and van are in good condition so I am struggling to find a solution and sick of drying the roof out with a hair dryer 🙂

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers

carolynn
    Participant

Weld It
    I guess welding would be a good option to go with. You can also spray some infections offered in the market to preserve the metal. The salts are recommended but you have to visit the store or any camper mechanic and they will suggest you the one suitable to your make and model. Hope it helps and let me know what you did may be i can get help too.

carolynn
    Participant

Weld It
    I guess welding would be a good option to go with. You can also spray some infections offered in the market to preserve the metal. The salts are recommended but you have to visit the store or any camper mechanic and they will suggest you the one suitable to your make and model. Hope it helps and let me know what you did may be i can get help too.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.