Just to say Hi to all you fellow campers!

Home Forum topic Introduce Yourself Just to say Hi to all you fellow campers!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    clair
    Participant

Hi there, Me and my partner have spent many years debating about buying a campervan.We have 2 youngsters age 3 + 5 and our tent is getting pretty full so have finally invested in a camper.
    Shes a 1984 vw transporter 1.6 deisel, Part converted with bed,cooker/sink unit,high top and lots of storage.
    We didnt spend a fortune on her but our to do list is getting bigger and bigger.
    Its having side windows put in on monday by the lovely guys at southwest splitz so it will look less like a giant fridge! then we need to do some homework on the general maintenence of her and start to think about the rusty patches and the millions of wires which seem to be increasing everytime we move a unit. Big project ahead of us but shes road worthy so looking forward to sprucing her up so any sugestions on anything, being either mechicanical or recomendations on good spots to crash for a night or two will be greatly welcomed, cheers clair

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Clair
    Nice to hear from

Hi Clair

Nice to hear from you.
    I think you’ve made a great choice. A campervan for youngsters will be brilliant.
    My advice would be to do as much work as you can on it now, and use it as much as you can.
    You and the kids will love it.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Clair
    Nice to hear from

Hi Clair

Nice to hear from you.
    I think you’ve made a great choice. A campervan for youngsters will be brilliant.
    My advice would be to do as much work as you can on it now, and use it as much as you can.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Clair
    Nice to hear from

Hi Clair

Nice to hear from you.

stewart1979
    Participant

another vw 🙂
    at that age it will be a t25?? awesome looking vans although i prefer them with the square head lights…the kids will love it wish we’d had one when i was a kid, although had a trailer tent so close.get some pictures up would love to see her. with having 2 kids you might be wise to invest in a drive away awning there’s some really good ones out there for not alot of money and the space will be appreciated as ou’ll find out when you start using it. have fun

stewart1979
    Participant

another vw 🙂
    at that age it will be a t25?? awesome looking vans although i prefer them with the square head lights…the kids will love it wish we’d had one when i was a kid, although had a trailer tent so close.get some pictures up would love to see her. with having 2 kids you might be wise to invest in a drive away awning there’s some really good ones out there for not alot of money and the space will be appreciated as ou’ll find out when you start using it. have fun

stewart1979
    Participant

another vw 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.