Inverter Placement

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Inverter Placement

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Rig88
    Participant

Good morning,

I’m currently planning the electrics for my conversion. One thing I’m struggling to find information on is where I can place the inverter within my plan.

Does the inverter need to connected straight to the battery or can I plug it into the 12v Fuse Box?

Craig

Darren

Either is fine. I have
    Either is fine. I have connected mine directly to the battery, as this does help with energy loss, and the inverter has thick leads, which would be difficult to get into the fuse box.

Darren

Either is fine. I have
    Either is fine. I have connected mine directly to the battery, as this does help with energy loss, and the inverter has thick leads, which would be difficult to get into the fuse box.

Rig88
    Participant

Ahh ok brilliant. I think i
    Ahh ok brilliant. I think i’ll try the fuse box first. At least I know where it can be connected. Thats the main thing.

Rig88
    Participant

Ahh ok brilliant. I think i
    Ahh ok brilliant. I think i’ll try the fuse box first. At least I know where it can be connected. Thats the main thing.

Isao Japanese
    Participant

Re: Inverter Placement
    In my case, my inverter has fuse inside it. So, I plugged it straight.
    Isn’t that your case?

Isao Japanese
    Participant

Re: Inverter Placement
    In my case, my inverter has fuse inside it. So, I plugged it straight.
    Isn’t that your case?

Rig88
    Participant

I’m going to assume it will
    I’m going to assume it will do. I don’t intend on skimping on the inverter as I’m looking for a Full Sine version. It might be worth just putting it on the battery then. The only thing I’m worried about is the amount of connections onto the battery itself, I’ve added a picture of a plan of the electrics so far. I plan on having two batteries, so would I just connect the battery to any one of those?

Rig88
    Participant

I’m going to assume it will
    I’m going to assume it will do. I don’t intend on skimping on the inverter as I’m looking for a Full Sine version. It might be worth just putting it on the battery then. The only thing I’m worried about is the amount of connections onto the battery itself, I’ve added a picture of a plan of the electrics so far. I plan on having two batteries, so would I just connect the battery to any one of those?

ianr
    Participant

inverters
    Buy a good make pal. I’ve had 2 pack up on me in the last 11 months. I’m giving up on them now and getting an inverter generator instead. I’ll be ok for a few months yet but by the end of September ill probably need one.
    There quite expensive but you get what you pay for in the end.

ianr
    Participant

inverters
    Buy a good make pal. I’ve had 2 pack up on me in the last 11 months. I’m giving up on them now and getting an inverter generator instead. I’ll be ok for a few months yet but by the end of September ill probably need one.
    There quite expensive but you get what you pay for in the end.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.