Insurance on Conversion

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Insurance on Conversion

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    wreptile
    Participant

Hi,
    Reading the DVLA website, sounds like there is no obligation to change the V5 to a campervan.
    Can anyone recommend any insurance companies that will insure as a Van that has been converted but has not been re-registered as a Camper? …. even if the the premium is slightly higher.
    Thanks

Darren

Hi
    Hi

I use http://www.campton.co.uk/ to insure my Sprinter as a campervan, even though it is not declared as such with the DVLA.
    On my initial year I had to get a form signed by a motorhome dealer confirming I had a table, watertank and windows, and they had to give a value to the vehicle.

Darren

Hi
    Hi

I use http://www.campton.co.uk/ to insure my Sprinter as a campervan, even though it is not declared as such with the DVLA.
    On my initial year I had to get a form signed by a motorhome dealer confirming I had a table, watertank and windows, and they had to give a value to the vehicle.

Matt Keal
    Participant

Converted panel van…
    Hi I have converted a VW Transporter panel van into a camper in part. This is a pro interior conversion including windows back and sides, complete electrics, rock n roll bed, fixed cupboards, units, table and leisure battery etc. I’m a photographer so require overnight camping to capture the sunrise/sunset landscapes etc. I also use it on location for models to change and make-up artist to work from, with 240v sockets for hairdryer etc or low energy kettle (for a brew).
    I dont really want a cooker/sink but the van is not a panel van anymore, so do you know if its possible to re-categorise it so I can take advantage of the lower insurance, no restricted speed limits etc?
    Many thanks in advance
    Matt

Matt Keal
    Participant

Converted panel van…
    Hi I have converted a VW Transporter panel van into a camper in part. This is a pro interior conversion including windows back and sides, complete electrics, rock n roll bed, fixed cupboards, units, table and leisure battery etc. I’m a photographer so require overnight camping to capture the sunrise/sunset landscapes etc. I also use it on location for models to change and make-up artist to work from, with 240v sockets for hairdryer etc or low energy kettle (for a brew).
    I dont really want a cooker/sink but the van is not a panel van anymore, so do you know if its possible to re-categorise it so I can take advantage of the lower insurance, no restricted speed limits etc?
    Many thanks in advance
    Matt

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.