Installing a safe in a transit

Home Forum topic Vehicle maintenance, suggestions and ideas Installing a safe in a transit

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    kiwidave
    Participant

Thanks All
    Suz, I have looked at a couple of small safes with mounting holes. We only have a SWB transit, so unfortunately there aren’t many places where it can go, under the bed is pretty much the only place where it can be bolted to the floor.

MG, had thought along those lines, and was considering using a plate of steel under side of the floor to help resist any efforts to pry if off the floor. Should they get some sort of bar under an edge of it from the top side, hopefully it will stop them taking the whole safe. Welding the nuts on the underneath seems like a good idea.

If they want to get in, I guess they will get in, just need to minimize losses!!

thanks
    Dave

kiwidave
    Participant

Thanks All
    Suz, I have looked at a couple of small safes with mounting holes. We only have a SWB transit, so unfortunately there aren’t many places where it can go, under the bed is pretty much the only place where it can be bolted to the floor.

MG, had thought along those lines, and was considering using a plate of steel under side of the floor to help resist any efforts to pry if off the floor. Should they get some sort of bar under an edge of it from the top side, hopefully it will stop them taking the whole safe. Welding the nuts on the underneath seems like a good idea.

If they want to get in, I guess they will get in, just need to minimize losses!!

thanks
    Dave

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.