Inside units. Anyone used Veneered MDF?

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Inside units. Anyone used Veneered MDF?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    skiing1005
    Participant

Hello everyone…I’m looking to build the units in the van. Seen that the Vohringer stuff is mega money..I am after the same type of finish that you get. With the veneered type finish. Has anyone had any experience with the Veneered MDF or is there another alternative to that finish? Big timber place in Glasgow has the MDF veneer for £35 a sheet which is why I ask.
    Thanks

Darren
    Keymaster

Good idea. MDF is heavy and
    Good idea. MDF is heavy and not generally good in a campervan, as it can absorb moisture. It is possible to buy veneered plywood as well which is a better option.
    You can also buy veneers, which you can guy to your own plywood as well.

Darren
    Keymaster

Good idea. MDF is heavy and not generally good in a campervan, as it can absorb moisture. It is possible to buy veneered plywood as well which is a better option.

Darren
    Keymaster

Darren
    Keymaster

skiing1005
    Participant

how easy
    how easy is it to glue your own veneer? Was thinking about doing this..Might have a good look in B&Q for veneer sheets…

skiing1005
    Participant

how easy
    how easy is it to glue your own veneer? Was thinking about doing this..Might have a good look in B&Q for veneer sheets…

skiing1005
    Participant

how easy

skiing1005
    Participant

how easy

Darren
    Keymaster

Really simple. You can glue
    Really simple. You can glue the veneer onto plywood with PVA glue, then cut the two sheets glued together at once.

Darren
    Keymaster

Really simple. You can glue the veneer onto plywood with PVA glue, then cut the two sheets glued together at once.

Darren
    Keymaster

Darren
    Keymaster

skiing1005
    Participant

Cheers Darren
    Hi Darren.. Thats great info ..thanks.. Can I ask you also about what cable to get for the whole 12 volt system, e.g… for the lighting system and for the 12volt sockets etc? What am I asking for? Gonna get some tomorrow…

skiing1005
    Participant

Cheers Darren
    Hi Darren.. Thats great info ..thanks.. Can I ask you also about what cable to get for the whole 12 volt system, e.g… for the lighting system and for the 12volt sockets etc? What am I asking for? Gonna get some tomorrow…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.