IMPORting a mercedes 508d

Home Forum topic Buying or selling a camper van IMPORting a mercedes 508d

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    alemarzotto
    Participant

Hi everybody!im new here.

i have few questions to ask..im about to buy a mercedes 508d from 1984(my dream) from holland to bring it Bristol to live in for next year or so.

im 26 and i got my driving license a bit late…in 2012.im half english half itlalian and i have my british passport but i have seen that few insurance company are asking if i live permanently in the UK since three years…do they ask proof of that?because i haven’t!
    i have been working around Europe but i did my studies in the UK….OH GOD SO MUCH STUFF!!!!!

i would like to ask what are my chances of getting a cheap insurance? How is it the process to import such a vehicle?i guess i would get an importing insurance from holland to get to Bristol and then do all the paper work once i m there with out being able to drive the van?

would my age and the non experience that i have with insurance and the little time i have my driving license, be a problem?

i dont want this stuff to stop me from having my dream van in the UK!

PLEASE HELP!

i find it hard TO KNOW IF the van is a motorhome or camper van !!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME!!!!HOPE SOMEONE HAS THE KNOWLEDGE TO ANSWER ALL THIS TRICKY QUESTIONS!!!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.