I really like the idea of Campervan Life

Home Forum topic Introduce Yourself I really like the idea of Campervan Life

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Peter Phoenix
    Participant

Hello Everyone
    I am new to the forum and would appreciate as much help as I can get. I am looking at buying a Campervan from Germany as this seems to be the best place to buy them, why well I followed a Lonely Planet forum on the subject, the couple who researched and bought from Frankfurt had initially very good reviews, both in terms of buying the camper and storing it plus making it legal for Europe, the glitch came when the company changed hands, the couple did not keep regular contact and the van was stripped with no one knowing who did it. I would like to try and buy in Germany and keep the Camper there but the company needs to be reputable. I dont envisage leaving the camper for more than 3-6 month Has anyone done what I intend to do? I am not fixated on Germany just value for money. Peter

mgroadster
    Participant

I’m not familiar with the
    I’m not familiar with the German mkt in Camper vans.
    Are you based in the UK?
    You have obviously researched this very carefully and in depth.
    However, just my tuppence worth……If it was me, I’d prefer to buy one here, be able to inspect it and then store it either close to or at home.
    Can’t you buy one in Germany and then bring it to the UK, or are you based somewhere outside of Europe. You mention making it “Legal for Europe”. I’m not sure what you mean by that, as if it is a German van or similar, it will already be legal for European rds.
    However, it will need to meet the current rules and regs of the country to which you will have it registered.

mgroadster
    Participant

Are you based in the UK?
    However, just my tuppence worth……If it was me, I’d prefer to buy one here, be able to inspect it and then store it either close to or at home.
    Can’t you buy one in Germany and then bring it to the UK, or are you based somewhere outside of Europe. You mention making it “Legal for Europe”. I’m not sure what you mean by that, as if it is a German van or similar, it will already be legal for European rds.
    However, it will need to meet the current rules and regs of the country to which you will have it registered.

mgroadster
    Participant

Are you based in the UK?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.