I dont know where to find my engine number

Home Forum topic Vehicle maintenance, suggestions and ideas I dont know where to find my engine number

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Kbussey
    Participant

Hi All,

Im new to all of this as I only bought my camper van two weeks ago and Ive never owned one before. However, there is a flat spot on the carb which I would like to get fixed but I cant order a part for it until I know what the engine number is, where would I find this? Does anyone have any idea’s. Its not in the log book as the engine was replaced 10 years ago and the chap I bought it from did not register the new engine. Very annoying! My van is a Carvelle 78PS ( 1984) Petrol, B reg. Would appreciate any help!!!

mgroadster
    Participant

Hi, welcome…Sometimes you
    Hi, welcome…Sometimes you don’t need the engine number to get a replacement part.
    Carburettors are my game. What is the actual base vehicle? ie ford? etc etc.
    I may just have a decent used bit you want.(Could be anything, but spindle wear is common).
    However, sometimes by adjusting the carburettor it can be made to run properly. If you can say what the Make is and the engine size, we’re half way there.
    Engine no. could well be stamped on the block somewhere, but in this case may not be needed.
    Once we have the base vehicle and engine size, we can talk about the problem and may be able to sort it.

mgroadster
    Participant

Hi, welcome…Sometimes you don’t need the engine number to get a replacement part.
    I may just have a decent used bit you want.(Could be anything, but spindle wear is common).
    However, sometimes by adjusting the carburettor it can be made to run properly. If you can say what the Make is and the engine size, we’re half way there.
    Engine no. could well be stamped on the block somewhere, but in this case may not be needed.
    Once we have the base vehicle and engine size, we can talk about the problem and may be able to sort it.

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

Kbussey
    Participant

Thank you for the info, shall
    Thank you for the info, shall have a look when I finish work, thats really helpful tho. Thanks again.

Kbussey
    Participant

Thank you for the info, shall have a look when I finish work, thats really helpful tho. Thanks again.

Kbussey
    Participant

Kbussey
    Participant

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.