How reliable is a 2007LDV Maxus with 100,000 miles on the clock?

Home Forum topic Buying or selling a camper van How reliable is a 2007LDV Maxus with 100,000 miles on the clock?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    RFDD
    Participant

Hi All,

I’m on the verge of buying a 2007 Maxus (2.5 CDI 120 psi engine) with 100,000 miles on the clock, it’s former MOD vehicle (no service history for the first 90,000 miles, bit I hear the MOD take good care of their vehicles).

The last owner converted it to a lovely camper van, and hasn’t had any trouble or costs for the last 2 years/10,000 miles. Does anyone know how long do LDV Maxus engines last for? Is a 100,000 mile engine (that runs well at present) a high risk purchase?

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ian

Darren
    Keymaster

The MOD has time and money to
    The MOD has time and money to spend on vehicles, so they are a good for for them.
    I’ve not owned a LDV, but if you want a van you can drive with minimal maintenance perhaps it’s not the best van to go for.

There are some mixed reviews here:

http://www.roadtestreports.co.uk/road-test-reports/LDV/Maxus/

Darren
    Keymaster

The MOD has time and money to
    The MOD has time and money to spend on vehicles, so they are a good for for them.
    I’ve not owned a LDV, but if you want a van you can drive with minimal maintenance perhaps it’s not the best van to go for.

There are some mixed reviews here:

http://www.roadtestreports.co.uk/road-test-reports/LDV/Maxus/

thegeek
    Participant

I have an LDV Maxus LWB
    I cannot say I’ve had it so long ( 4-5 months ).

I think engine wise its quite reliable. It is a widely used engine ( 2.5 crd ) , used by London black cabs(tx4), Chrysler models and I am used told in some marine applications.

Maxus is not a sprinter, but then again they cost much less. Mine has 105k miles on it and drives quite well.

The problem with many vans is their owners. They are not treated that well when used commercially. I think mine was hardly serviced, I had to flush the coolant, change the oil ,etc immediately. It needed some love.

I guess time will tell… but so far , so good. It was also very cheap.

thegeek
    Participant

I have an LDV Maxus LWB
    I cannot say I’ve had it so long ( 4-5 months ).

I think engine wise its quite reliable. It is a widely used engine ( 2.5 crd ) , used by London black cabs(tx4), Chrysler models and I am used told in some marine applications.

Maxus is not a sprinter, but then again they cost much less. Mine has 105k miles on it and drives quite well.

The problem with many vans is their owners. They are not treated that well when used commercially. I think mine was hardly serviced, I had to flush the coolant, change the oil ,etc immediately. It needed some love.

I guess time will tell… but so far , so good. It was also very cheap.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.