Hi (with a question about 12v kettles)

Home Forum topic Introduce Yourself Hi (with a question about 12v kettles)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    randltrafic
    Participant

Hello. We have just bought our first campervan. It is a Renault Trafic conversion “C” reg (1984). The interior is dated but the exterior has had a spray paint. We can only go for overnighters as we have chickens and don’t want to leave them any longer.
    Our first outing was to Ashby de la Zouch.
    Travelling along the A42, the indicator housing falls off and bounces down the road. A quick Blue Peter job of cling film and cellotape fixed it temporarily. (We have replaced it now.)

My question is this. We do not have 240v hookup – don’t really need it. We have a small DVD player which runs on battery. I was thinking of getting a 12v plug put in for a kettle. How long does it take to boil water with a 12v kettle? Is it worth it? Our cooker does a quick job.

Off to Rutland this weekend. Site has a tap and an elsan point – £5.50 per night. Hope there a many more like this. Any up in the Lake District?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
  1. Hi
    Great to hear you have got

Hi

Great to hear you have got yourself a campervan.
    We all have teething troubles, so don’t be put off by a few technical hitches.
    I responded to your other question about the kettle.
    https://www.campervanlife.com/12v-kettle#comment-2366

I would stick to the gas cooker, its quicker and easier to carry gas than electricity, as batteries are heavy, and gas is not.