Hi From the Costa Del Fylde!

Home Forum topic Introduce Yourself Hi From the Costa Del Fylde!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    GeeBee R3
    Participant

Hi all.

My name is Mark & I’m a 44 year old RAC patrol on the Fylde coast. I don’t currently own a van but am currently saving my pennies for something large to convert, with my firm favourite currently being an Iveco 65C15 Iris Mellor. Has anyone on here converted one of these welfare buses? A lot of the work appears to have already been done on them- flat floor, diesel heater, insulation, 12v lighting, etc.

The whole conversion thing is a minefield, though! I’m reading, reading, reading and learning quickly, but will still have a million questions along the way, I’m sure.

mgroadster
    Participant

Hi welcome,
    Hi welcome,
    At least you’ll be fine on the spanners. Maybe you could have got one of your ex RAC transits to convert for day use now you have moved onto VW’s.
    My mate is an RAC patrol down here in Suffolk and was quite perplexed at losing his Transit in favour of the VW. Maybe there are those who prefer them and those that don’t.
    Not familiar with the Iveco, but looks like you’ll have a blank canvas on which to work.

mgroadster
    Participant

Hi welcome,
    Hi welcome,
    At least you’ll be fine on the spanners. Maybe you could have got one of your ex RAC transits to convert for day use now you have moved onto VW’s.
    My mate is an RAC patrol down here in Suffolk and was quite perplexed at losing his Transit in favour of the VW. Maybe there are those who prefer them and those that don’t.
    Not familiar with the Iveco, but looks like you’ll have a blank canvas on which to work.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.