Hi everyone – in need of advice

Home Forum topic Introduce Yourself Hi everyone – in need of advice

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    chuck43
    Participant

hi there everyone, i bought a vw lt at the weekend, which has been stripped in the back ready for me to convert into a camper. im wondering whats the best order to do things, like, should i insulate everything then ply line it before then fitting all roof windows, heater etc etc or whats the best way to go about a conversion.
    the van has been insulated in the indents of the panels ( i was going to insulate the metal to help condensation) and has a steel frame for a raised bed. id like to keep it raised to make a garage underneath at the back of the van. it came with loads of stuff, fridge, cooker and sink, heater, electric box that looks like a consumer unit is it?

thanks

Darren

Hi
    Hi

Sounds like a great adventure.
    I always recommend starting on the outside and working your way in.
    So i would fit all windows and roof-lights, and anything under the chassis (water tanks?).
    The insulate, ply-line, furniture, plumbing and electrics.

Most people use a consumer unit to connect the mains hookup from the campsite to the sockets inside the van. I would keep that.

Darren

Hi
    Hi

Sounds like a great adventure.
    I always recommend starting on the outside and working your way in.
    So i would fit all windows and roof-lights, and anything under the chassis (water tanks?).
    The insulate, ply-line, furniture, plumbing and electrics.

Most people use a consumer unit to connect the mains hookup from the campsite to the sockets inside the van. I would keep that.

chuck43
    Participant

nice 1 thanks for advice
    nice 1 thanks for advice
    going to add a proper thread in camper conversions section now…..

chuck43
    Participant

nice 1 thanks for advice
    nice 1 thanks for advice
    going to add a proper thread in camper conversions section now…..

Dizzy
    Participant

Hi Chuck 43
    I have spent the last 2 weeks reading up on best ways with loads of sites and most the time they say best to start roof downwards… but i am just a girl lol…hence why mine is coming out and being re installed this is why previous owner did not finsh her…. she has no electrics…and when we took back panels off ……no insulation….so thats why most say roof first so you can insulate and run and electrics through and just hang them where you are going to install…but yeah my whole inrerior is coming out and being re installed as we have a motor show in october…..and we dont do cold … :o)

Dizzy
    Participant

Hi Chuck 43
    I have spent the last 2 weeks reading up on best ways with loads of sites and most the time they say best to start roof downwards… but i am just a girl lol…hence why mine is coming out and being re installed this is why previous owner did not finsh her…. she has no electrics…and when we took back panels off ……no insulation….so thats why most say roof first so you can insulate and run and electrics through and just hang them where you are going to install…but yeah my whole inrerior is coming out and being re installed as we have a motor show in october…..and we dont do cold … :o)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.