Hi All, New here from Fife, Scotland.

Home Forum topic Introduce Yourself Hi All, New here from Fife, Scotland.

• This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Darren.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Innes and Tina
    Participant

Hi everyone, we’re totally new here and to the whole campervan thing. We’re going to be going to see a Merc Sprinter 208 on Saturday afternoon and there’s a very good possibility of us buying it. The bodywork is really quite tired looking with a fair bit of rust on the edges of the wheel arches and around the bottoms of the doors, nothing major but she does show her age…… It’s just passed it’s MOT 2 weeks ago and the inside looks basic which means we can easily experiment and put our own stamp on it. I know the Sprinter is quite a popular base vehicle for camper conversions so does anyone know of anything specific that we should be looking out for when we go to see it? With it having a R+R bed in the back and 2 passenger seats up front in the cab, is it still ok to have someone sitting on the R+R when it’s folded in the seat position as there’s no seat belts. I’ll have my to 9 year old twins in the cab with me, leaving Mem Sab to rattle around in the back unrestrained. Also, which awning is recommended for the Sprinter 208

Ian P

submersible water pump
    Hi, Can anyone please help me??? I have a Hyundai i800 camper van conversion and I have just bought an Easy 14 submersible water pump, 12v 0.5 bar 14 ltrs per min. The pump works ok, the only problem is it wont pump the water up to the tap. I’ve replaced the hose so there is no leaks and it’s a tight fit. I’m new to all this, so am I missing something obvious, like should I have bought a pump with more pressure?

Ian P

submersible water pump
    Hi, Can anyone please help me??? I have a Hyundai i800 camper van conversion and I have just bought an Easy 14 submersible water pump, 12v 0.5 bar 14 ltrs per min. The pump works ok, the only problem is it wont pump the water up to the tap. I’ve replaced the hose so there is no leaks and it’s a tight fit. I’m new to all this, so am I missing something obvious, like should I have bought a pump with more pressure?

Ian P
    Participant

submersible water pump
    Hi, Update on the water pump, just to confirm what my wife already knows I’m an idiot……. the leisure battery was flat. charged it up the pump now works.

Ian P
    Participant

submersible water pump
    Hi, Update on the water pump, just to confirm what my wife already knows I’m an idiot……. the leisure battery was flat. charged it up the pump now works.

Darren

Hi
    Hi

If it’s just passed it’s MOT, the bodywork is probably just cosmetic, and not too bad. But it will need sorting out for the future.

Sprinter 208 is very reliable. I had one for years. It’s quite slow though.
    Nothing too much to worry about.

You don’t need seat belts if the vehicle has been converted.
    However, your insurance company probably wont cover you if passengers are not wearing seat belts, and the police probably wont be happy either.

Read more:
    https://www.campervanlife.com/forum/campervan-conversions/seat-belts-regulations-and-guidelines-for-camper-vans-and-motorhomes

Darren

Hi
    Hi

If it’s just passed it’s MOT, the bodywork is probably just cosmetic, and not too bad. But it will need sorting out for the future.

Sprinter 208 is very reliable. I had one for years. It’s quite slow though.
    Nothing too much to worry about.

You don’t need seat belts if the vehicle has been converted.
    However, your insurance company probably wont cover you if passengers are not wearing seat belts, and the police probably wont be happy either.

Read more:
    https://www.campervanlife.com/forum/campervan-conversions/seat-belts-regulations-and-guidelines-for-camper-vans-and-motorhomes

Darren

Ah! Glad you got it sorted.

Darren

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.