Hi all from Cornwall

Home Forum topic Introduce Yourself Hi all from Cornwall

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    woosman
    Participant

Hi all,

Just a quick introduction I suppose. I’ve spent a lot of time over recent months looking at different forums and sites all over the web but have found this site the most useful. Finally after months and months I now have a suitable van to convert and thought it would now make sense to register up on the site.

The van I have bought is a 54 plate vauxhall vivaro that needs a whole new front end put on. I am very lucky that one of my best mates is a body works sprayer which is why I have gone down this root of buying a damaged van to repair. ( top guy if anyone in/around cornwall needs any work/spraying done). The van has twin side loading doors and only 58,000 miles on the clock. No damage to engine. I’ve taken the seats out of the donor van and changed them over as the seats in mine were disgusting, smelt like you were sat in an ashtray as well. It’s all been cleaned out and have changed all plastics in the cab as well as they were very grubby. Roof rack is also off, few doors on the donor left to be sold then were ready to rock.

I am hoping to have the van on the road by the end of November now that all parts have been sorted for my van (I managed to get another vivaro as a donor). First steps to be taken over the next couple of weeks is for all exterior plastics to be colour coded, alloys to be fitted and windows to go in.

Majority of the interior work will be done throughout winter to get something ready for next spring/summer to do some weekends away in.

I’m sure I will need plenty of advice from people on here over the next few weeks as I get started on the interior.

Anyways here is some initial pics of the van, any comments then fire away

Cheers

Ben

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Ben
    Nice to hear from

Hi Ben

Nice to hear from you.
    Great sounding project. Nice to see someone take a risk with a van repair.
    Are you in Cornwall? I’m from Truro, but live in Brighton now.
    Best time of year to start, you’ll be in great shape for spring time.

Cheers

Darren

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Ben
    Nice to hear from

Hi Ben

Nice to hear from you.
    Great sounding project. Nice to see someone take a risk with a van repair.
    Are you in Cornwall? I’m from Truro, but live in Brighton now.
    Best time of year to start, you’ll be in great shape for spring time.

Cheers

Darren

woosman
    Participant

Hi Darren,
    Yes live in

Hi Darren,

Yes live in Cornwall, not far from eden project. Hopefully all goes well with the repair! I’m looking forward to getting the build started, once it’s on the road it will make it easier, it’s kind of stuck there now until the spraying is done, MOT in a couple of weeks. Have waited for a while for the right sort of van to come up and this one ticks most of the boxes, I got it from combellacks in Roche, I’m sure you have heard of them.

I’ve seen your van on here, ideal for when you travel down to cornwall for the odd visit I imagine. It will be good to have it kind of ready for next year as the summer months down in cornwall shows you how big of a scene converted vans are!

I’m sure you know of some good places in cornwall to go to for some trial runs in the van next year then?

Cheers

Ben

woosman
    Participant

Hi Darren,
    Yes live in

Hi Darren,

Yes live in Cornwall, not far from eden project. Hopefully all goes well with the repair! I’m looking forward to getting the build started, once it’s on the road it will make it easier, it’s kind of stuck there now until the spraying is done, MOT in a couple of weeks. Have waited for a while for the right sort of van to come up and this one ticks most of the boxes, I got it from combellacks in Roche, I’m sure you have heard of them.

I’ve seen your van on here, ideal for when you travel down to cornwall for the odd visit I imagine. It will be good to have it kind of ready for next year as the summer months down in cornwall shows you how big of a scene converted vans are!

I’m sure you know of some good places in cornwall to go to for some trial runs in the van next year then?

Cheers

Ben

Damian

Bodywork and spray
    Hi Ben,
    I’ve been hunting for someone to tidy up my Mercedes sprinter. 312 lwb camper if your mate fancies a look? General rust patches and a few dings if he’s interested?
    Damian

Damian

Bodywork and spray
    Hi Ben,
    I’ve been hunting for someone to tidy up my Mercedes sprinter. 312 lwb camper if your mate fancies a look? General rust patches and a few dings if he’s interested?
    Damian

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.