Hi All, another newbie checking in. I found my van!!

Home Forum topic Introduce Yourself Hi All, another newbie checking in. I found my van!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Boomzilla
    Participant

I picked up a beautiful 83 econoline with a straight six. I have a pretty solid background in plumbing, electric, woodworking, fabrication, and mechanical systems. I’m planning on using the heck out of all that knowledge for this build.

The gist of it is a ninja camper only recognizable for what it is if you notice the photo-voltaic cells flat on the roof. The main guts of the camper will rack in and out of the back doors using a custom dolly that will look a bit like an engine hoist without the boom arm. That way I can use it for a hauler when I’m not on a trip. Ridiculously over engineered.. maybe. I can think of worse ways to spend my time and money though!

Darren

Hi
    Hi

Nice to hear from you.
    So your camper will be extendable, coming out of the back?

Darren

Hi
    Hi

Nice to hear from you.
    So your camper will be extendable, coming out of the back?

Boomzilla
    Participant

Not extendable.. completely
    Not extendable.. completely removable. Imagine a bed frame with built in drawer storage underneath. A sink and counter will just sit on the bed frame while its in the garage but when I slide the whole thing into the back of the van I’ll grab the counter and hang it in place, along with some other camper essentials. The bed will double as a couch during the day. I have a couple thoughts on how to do that but I need to mock something up inside the van to decide which would work best. It sounds strange, I know. I’ll post some drawings once I get to that point

Boomzilla
    Participant

Not extendable.. completely
    Not extendable.. completely removable. Imagine a bed frame with built in drawer storage underneath. A sink and counter will just sit on the bed frame while its in the garage but when I slide the whole thing into the back of the van I’ll grab the counter and hang it in place, along with some other camper essentials. The bed will double as a couch during the day. I have a couple thoughts on how to do that but I need to mock something up inside the van to decide which would work best. It sounds strange, I know. I’ll post some drawings once I get to that point

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.