Hi all

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Smith

Holdsworth T1000 Camper van with fabric pop top.
    Hi there,

I have the exact model you show in your picture by Holdsworth. It’s old and rough and took a few weeks of back breaking work to make repair plates and weld all the rotten areas of the chassis and overhaul the brakes and steering components a couple of years ago. It’s utterly charming and we all love it dearly – we’ve had about 3 summers of camping trips and festivals in it but the MOT is a challenge every year! It’s due again soon and I’ve drawn an absolute blank trying to locate complete Mcpherson struts or top swivel bearings for the same. It had an MOT advisory last time so I need to sort these out. I may resort to stripping out and converting top bearings from a more recent vehicle with better spares back up. It’s well worth it though – this van has enriched our lives no end! Good luck with yours! Andy.

Andrew Smith

Hi there,

I have the exact model you show in your picture by Holdsworth. It’s old and rough and took a few weeks of back breaking work to make repair plates and weld all the rotten areas of the chassis and overhaul the brakes and steering components a couple of years ago. It’s utterly charming and we all love it dearly – we’ve had about 3 summers of camping trips and festivals in it but the MOT is a challenge every year! It’s due again soon and I’ve drawn an absolute blank trying to locate complete Mcpherson struts or top swivel bearings for the same. It had an MOT advisory last time so I need to sort these out. I may resort to stripping out and converting top bearings from a more recent vehicle with better spares back up. It’s well worth it though – this van has enriched our lives no end! Good luck with yours! Andy.

Andrew Smith

Hi there,

Andrew Smith

Hi there,

Andrew Smith

Hi there,

Andrew Smith

Hi there,

Andrew Smith

Hi there,

Andrew Smith

Hi there,

Andrew Smith

Hi there,

Andrew Smith

Hi there,

Andrew Smith

Hi there,

Andrew Smith

Hi there,

henry toung

renault traffic auto sleeper
    a real character camper van. spent 5m touring europe in one, and admired the old soldiers determination to see the 10000 miles thru. that is one tough and well made engine…. 250,000+ miles on the clock and didn’t discolour the oil or burn a drop… amazing. the lift roof is a brilliant piece of design and manufacturing… so quick & easy to use. loved the layout with kitchen in the back. we called her “renee” and if she hadn’t suffered so much from yr salty roads, we’d have sent her back to new zealand! do you have a renault camper club in the uk?

henry toung

a real character camper van. spent 5m touring europe in one, and admired the old soldiers determination to see the 10000 miles thru. that is one tough and well made engine…. 250,000+ miles on the clock and didn’t discolour the oil or burn a drop… amazing. the lift roof is a brilliant piece of design and manufacturing… so quick & easy to use. loved the layout with kitchen in the back. we called her “renee” and if she hadn’t suffered so much from yr salty roads, we’d have sent her back to new zealand! do you have a renault camper club in the uk?

henry toung

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.