Hi all

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Your fitted home
    Participant

Hi, I’m just about to convert my old works van, I was amazed no one wanted to buy it as it was extremely cheap to others available but as we had intended to get a campervan I came up with the brilliant idea of converting it instead, lol. We are only just starting out and although I had intended to do most of the work myself I soon realised that it is cheaper to pay others for at least the materials if not the items ready made and fitted, not a good start though the company that I employed to fit the windows whom had 39 year experience in such things and only put windows in carried out the window fit for me only to find one leaked the first time it rained, could I have done worse myself? don’t think so! As a carpenter I would have loved to build the cabinets but isn’t that lightweight plywood so expensive? As I live in Kent it would appear all the suppliers are based in the north of the country and when you add on carriage charges it’s just not worth the trouble and extra cost, seems much cheaper to buy these things off the shelf, carriage is so much cheaper as well, how does that work? I have even opened a trade account which isn’t much use as there are no trade discounts and most items are cheaper on EBay.
    Well here goes, wish me luck and I’ll post some pictures when finished.
    In the meantime if anyone has a lwb nissan primastar I would be very interested to hear any tips or see some photos of what can be done with these vans.
    Bye for now.
    Neil

Michelle

Conversion
    Evening, we have a lwb movano ( same van ?)that we converted last Easter . I’m a welder by trade but made kitchen and bed/ seat using standard wickes ply . We’re very happy with the results. Practical rather than luxury. We have 4 kids so needed 6 belted seats and a 2 meter long bed . It’s an on going project, tv just added along with solar panel on the roof, mains hook up next on the list just in case!. Turned out to be an easy project , dvla were great when we reclassified to motor caravan. Hope you enjoy it

Michelle

Conversion
    Evening, we have a lwb movano ( same van ?)that we converted last Easter . I’m a welder by trade but made kitchen and bed/ seat using standard wickes ply . We’re very happy with the results. Practical rather than luxury. We have 4 kids so needed 6 belted seats and a 2 meter long bed . It’s an on going project, tv just added along with solar panel on the roof, mains hook up next on the list just in case!. Turned out to be an easy project , dvla were great when we reclassified to motor caravan. Hope you enjoy it

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.